• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This is the life ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the life ...

Wow, this is the life ... been contracting eight years, was permie for eight before that ... finished up my last contract 7 weeks ago and enjoying life with the wife and kids (2 and 4 months) ... don't know why I didn't do it sooner!!!

My advice to fellow 'tractors is: TAKE TIME OUT, IT WILL GIVE YOU A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE ON WHAT'S REALLY IMPORTANT (RELATIVELY SPEAKING) ...

Last edited by bobsmithldn; 23 June 2008, 09:44. Reason: typo

Originally posted by bobsmithldn View Post
    kids (2 and 4 months) ... don't know why I didn't do it sooner!!!
    You'll soon get fed up !

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
      You'll soon get fed up !

skint

Comment

Wow, this is the life ... been contracting eight years, was permie for eight before that ... finished up my last contract 7 weeks ago and enjoying life with the wife and kids (2 and 4 months) ... don't know why I didn't do it sooner!!!

My advice to fellow 'tractors is: TAKE TIME OUT, IT WILL GIVE YOU A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE ON WHAT'S REALLY IMPORTANT (RELATIVELY SPEAKING) ...

I with you on that!

It's me 4th week on leave, not bench (makes me sounds like I'm hard up or someit), and loving spending some time out. After 4 years of straight contracting it's time to take a break! Stocking up on strawberries and cream, telly powered up come on Andy!
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

NickFitz,

shuffle up, there's a good ape.

There's a couple of lads expected when Wimbledon's over. Best let them be comfortable on that bench, eh?
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

very good thread! I hope to join you soon.

Comment

Hi All - it's been a while.

I'm about to be a paid up member of this summer skivin' lark.

After 16 months of full-time contracting, I've got a gig for 30 days work over 3 months. So I'll be taking it easy and enjoying the company of Mrs OG and the now imminent Young Greg (or Gregoria).

Edit: where have my posts gone - I'm sure I was at nearly 2000?
              Last edited by Old Greg; 23 June 2008, 18:50. Reason: Where have my posts gone - I'm sure I was at nearly 2000?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Hi All - it's been a while.

I'm about to be a paid up member of this summer skivin' lark.

After 16 months of full-time contracting, I've got a gig for 30 days work over 3 months. So I'll be taking it easy and enjoying the company of Mrs OG and the now imminent Young Greg (or Gregoria).

Edit: where have my posts gone - I'm sure I was at nearly 2000?
                Hi OG

Congratulations!

You've got 190 posts in LR - they no longer count towards total post count

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Hi OG

Congratulations!

You've got 190 posts in LR - they no longer count towards total post count
                  Thanks.

Feckin' bureaucrats.

And where did that flipin' come from? God this place has gone downhill!
                  Last edited by Old Greg; 23 June 2008, 19:30. Reason: flipin' confused

Comment

I don't have a wife and kids. Maybe if I take some time out I could borrow someone elses?

Comment

Working...
                    X