• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What do I fill in a ZERO tax return form

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do I fill in a ZERO tax return form

Hi,

it's been a couple of months now that I 've been working as a contractor; before even started getting any money in my account I started my own limited company but I soon figured out that the best way to save money was to go through an umbrella company.

That is why in the end I terminated the contract between the agency and my limited company and I then started a new one between the agency and my umbrella company.

It's been a couple of days now that I have received the HMRC tax return form for 2008; since there was no movement at all with my limited company, and actually there was no payment made to my limited company or anything, I have heard that I can fill in a zero return form and send it to HMRC very easily.

Can you please give me some advice as to what fields have to be completed in the form (either the paper one or the online one) in order to send them back this tax return form?

I believe that it is quite a straight forward procedure specially since there is absolutely NO movement in my limited company (no payment no expenses no nothing) but since this is the first time that I fill it in, I would appreciate some guidance.

Thanks,

Originally posted by salsarocks View Post
    Hi,

it's been a couple of months now that I 've been working as a contractor; before even started getting any money in my account I started my own limited company but I soon figured out that the best way to save money was to go through an umbrella company.

That is why in the end I terminated the contract between the agency and my limited company and I then started a new one between the agency and my umbrella company.

It's been a couple of days now that I have received the HMRC tax return form for 2008; since there was no movement at all with my limited company, and actually there was no payment made to my limited company or anything, I have heard that I can fill in a zero return form and send it to HMRC very easily.

Can you please give me some advice as to what fields have to be completed in the form (either the paper one or the online one) in order to send them back this tax return form?

I believe that it is quite a straight forward procedure specially since there is absolutely NO movement in my limited company (no payment no expenses no nothing) but since this is the first time that I fill it in, I would appreciate some guidance.

Thanks,
    How about "Income £0, Expenditure £0, CT due £0"?

And how the hell did you come to the conclusion that giving away an extra 20% of your gross was a good way to save money?
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

It must have cost something to form the limited company, so you have expenses to charge to it.

You'll be wanting to make use of that loss next year when you stop using the umbrella.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by salsarocks View Post
        ...but I soon figured out that the best way to save money was to go through an umbrella company.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
        X