• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best Strategy In Current Housing Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Strategy In Current Housing Market

Split with the misses and property is owned in joint names 80% mine 20% the ex, I now have two options

1. Make her an offer in next week to buy her out which I can afford to do, mortgage would be steap would need to rent out a room which I'm fine with though. I'm getting house valued today, I'm was going to make her an offer based on what would could realistically sell the place for as of now as a quick sale in current market.

2. Put the house on the market see if we can sell it, if after 6 months no decent offers I will buy her out.

I'm not sure what to do considering the current housing market, part of me is tempted to go for option 1 just to get it sorted quickly but house prices are still going down. Option 2 could work in my favour if prices keep going down and we cant sell then I can make her a crapper offer, but at the same time I'm loosing the equity I have in the house.

I don't like the house to be honest and would rather get red BUT if I can exploit the current market in my favour to make a bit of cash over a 5year period I'm willing to do that, but just don't know whats going to happen to the housing market.

In terms of shafting her £ wise I have no problem doing that we were not married and no kids.

Go and see "Big Ed" at the pub. He'll sort the problem out for you. Don't pay more than a monkey.

You ain't seen me, right?

Actually, that was a bad idea.

Go and see a solicitor then give your ex the keys. She's as sure as hell seein a solicitor at this moment and preparing to screw you - and not in a nice way.

Churchill - In "Bitter and twisted, tunbridge wells." mode!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Go and see "Big Ed" at the pub. He'll sort the problem out for you. Don't pay more than a monkey.

You ain't seen me, right?

Actually, that was a bad idea.

Go and see a solicitor then give your ex the keys. She's as sure as hell seein a solicitor at this moment and preparing to screw you - and not in a nice way.

Churchill - In "Bitter and twisted, tunbridge wells." mode!
      First idea would be nice but she aint worth it.

She can't screw me she signed the agreement for the 80/20 split, thank god I managed to get her to sign it as at the time she didnt want to but did in the end did

Comment

Sell her the 80% based on a valuation she might agree with if she's not been reading the papers much lately.

Rent for the next couple of years chortling occasionally at her increasing negative equity whilst rubbing your hands at what you'll be able to buy soon with that 80% money.

Buy in 2 years, you'll have a better place than she has and no debt. She'll have the old house still, will be contending with the emotional baggage that brings and will be in debt and thus unable to sell.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
          First idea would be nice but she aint worth it.

She can't screw me she signed the agreement for the 80/20 split, thank god I managed to get her to sign it as at the time she didnt want to but did in the end did
          Let me guess...

"If you loved me you wouldn't ask me to sign that..." "It's like you expect things to go wrong..."

Btw, kids?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Let me guess...

"If you loved me you wouldn't ask me to sign that..." "It's like you expect things to go wrong..."

Btw, kids?
            No kids and not married, if there had been kids I would of dealt with it differently. As for the 'If you loved me', it was nearly that, she kept saying signing this means we are going to split up, well yeah we did in the end but she was the one who walked out.

SHoES : she can't afford to buy me out unfortantly and what you describe if she did is I suppose what would happen to me if I bought her out.

To be honest I can't really see a way to come out of this quids in selling will be a pain and buying her out could land me with a lemon for the next 5-6 years.
            Last edited by Bumfluff; 28 June 2008, 12:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
              No kids and not married, if there had been kids I would of dealt with it differently. As for the 'If you loved me', it was nearly that, she kept saying signing this means we are going to split up, well yeah we did in the end but she was the one who walked out.

SHoES : she can't afford to buy me out unfortantly.

To be honest I can't really see a way to come out of this quids in selling will be a pain and buying her could land me with a lemon for the next 5-6 years.
              Sell the house and **** off to sunnier climes...

Comment

fooking hell just had estate agent round for valuation and things are bad, recommend to try and sell and take the money and go into rented. Said put the place up for £400k but recons offers will be around £370k-£375k. So looks like I'm going to sell up.

Comment

I would buy her out - quicker it is over the better.

I take it you have no worries staying in the house? A friend in similar situation to you got the house, did it up and sold it. It had too many memories. But they were together 10 years.

It some ways a house is somewhere to live - but it can become a home.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I would buy her out - quicker it is over the better.

I take it you have no worries staying in the house? A friend in similar situation to you got the house, did it up and sold it. It had too many memories. But they were together 10 years.

It some ways a house is somewhere to live - but it can become a home.
                    Yeah we were together nearly 10 years , house has alot of memories for me as well but I think I can get over them we had only been in the place 2 years, still needs decorating downstairs. Buying her out would be eaiser option I could have it done within a month, mmmm what to do. I might make her an offer to buy her out 20% less than what it would cost to buy her out based on the valuation and see if she takes it, telling her how many pairs of shoes she could buy for that should do it (the ******* stuck up cow) to be honest I don't want to make it easy for her though, and the situation is I can bide my time as I'm in the house and she was the one who moved out and she still pays to mortgage, she won't be comming back.
                    Last edited by Bumfluff; 28 June 2008, 16:31.

Comment

Working...
                    X