• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doomed: Rail Fares Up...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doomed: Rail Fares Up...

By RPI (the real rate of inflation, odd that...) + 1%.

Or for the really lucky ones, RPI + 2%.

Ho hum.

Mad government - wants us to go green then puts rail fares up.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      "It's only fare"...

IGMC.
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

What really fecked me off was when they promised high speed rail to Scotland after the channel link. Then they roll out some tw@t saying high speed rail is off the agenda and instead they're going to work on improving the existing stock.

Was watching the news the other night and lo and behold, they're now talking about CrossRail being high speed and extending it out to Birmingham.

One rule for them...
        "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

fliped?!?? I never even spelt the f word correctly??
          "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave.Mac View Post
            What really fliped me off was when they promised high speed rail to Scotland after the channel link. Then they roll out some tw@t saying high speed rail is off the agenda and instead they're going to work on improving the existing stock.

Was watching the news the other night and lo and behold, they're now talking about CrossRail being high speed and extending it out to Birmingham.

One rule for them...
            Why would anyone want to go to Scotland anyway?
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Why does everything go up by inflation+x%. Which makes me wonder what exactly is the inflation measure used.
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                Holidays or business.

Anyway I like going on high speed trains - you don't have to hang around due to a long check-in as BAA want to try and sell you stuff.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                  I think it was a high speed rail link from Scotland
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I think rail fares tend to go up by well-above-inflation amounts regardless of whether we're in a "boomed" or "doomed" scenario.

Comment

Working...
                    X