PDA

View Full Version : Lunch At Desk!!

SallyAnne
2nd July 2008, 12:24
Jesus wept!!!!

This ******** nobba sitting opposite me eats his lunch at his desk every day with a knife and fork and scrapes them against each other throught the whole duration!!!

God I want to ******* rip his eyes out!

(I'm back by the way - just settled nicely into my new 6 month gig) :banana:

DS23
2nd July 2008, 12:25
rip 'em sal - go on!

DS23
2nd July 2008, 12:26
good to have you back!

Diver
2nd July 2008, 12:26
Jesus wept!!!!

This ******** nobba sitting opposite me eats his lunch at his desk every day with a knife and fork and scrapes them against each other throught the whole duration!!!

Stare at him while picking your nose and eating it :D

PS. Welcome back :wave:

Bagpuss
2nd July 2008, 12:27
Jesus wept!!!!

You change jobs more than Marilion Fan, and i bet you have a stronger right hook

DimPrawn
2nd July 2008, 12:28
Welcome back.

Weight update?

TimberWolf
2nd July 2008, 12:32
I've never had a problem with chalk on the blackboard / knife against fork sounds, but when people pull a fork through their front teeth, that get me squirming.

TykeMerc
I just spent 15 months working in audible range of a socially inept individual who:-

Hums fairly tunelessly about 75% of the time
Talks loudly enough on the phone that ear defenders were of help
Ate lunch at his desk with considerable crunching and munching
Fairly frequent and loud belching

By the time renewal time came round again I was happy to say thanks but no thanks for only the second time in 17 years as a contractor. It was that or spend a considerable time at Her Majesties boarding house for the excessively upset for damaging the bloke.

SallyAnne
You change jobs more than Marilion Fan

That's because, unless most of you disguised employees, I am a true consultant :D

I did 6 months at the last place (near enough!)

Marina
2nd July 2008, 12:33
Jesus wept!!!!

Congrats on the gig.

The guy sitting next to me eats a vast bag of vile-smelling crisps every lunchtime, slowly picking them out one by one it seems and making a munch, munch, munch noise like a cow chewing cud. :mad

I wonder if it would help him eat quicker if I grabbed the bag, stamped on it until the crisps were powder, and then poured this straight down his gullet. Just the crinkly noise of the bag is annoying. :bang:

TheBigYinJames
2nd July 2008, 12:34
Women get annoyed at the funniest things.

Marina
2nd July 2008, 12:36
Women get annoyed at the funniest things.

We eat the funniest things too sometimes, like sea food pasta - which includes purple octopi. Yum! :happy

SallyAnne
2nd July 2008, 12:40
Welcome back.

Weight update?

You just want to hear that I've failed dont you?

Well....I have and I haven't :)

I've got 4 stone off, and kept it that way for about 6 weeks now. I can't seem to loose any more at the minute (stress probably), so I'm concentrating on maintaining it until after the wedding. I'm really proud of myself for what I've achieved (my dress looks stunning compared to what it DID look like! I have a waist now too!) But I wish I'd done more. I'm a size 18 now (down from 26/28) but that's still way too big.

I want to shift another 2 stone by xmas, and a final 2 by next summer. Ideally. But I'll just take each little goal one at a time - 1st goal is getting through the next 3 weeks maintaining and surviving.

Anyway....enough of me...what I have missed, and how can I kill this chap opposite? IF YOU'RE READING THIS, USE PLASTIC CUTLERY YOU ****IGN MORON!!

<breathe>

Bagpuss
2nd July 2008, 12:42
Congrats on the gig.

The guy sitting next to me eats a vast bag of vile-smelling crisps every lunchtime, slowly picking them out one by one it seems and making a munch, munch, munch noise like a cow chewing cud. :mad

I wonder if it would help him eat quicker if I grabbed the bag, stamped on it until the crisps were powder, and then poured this straight down his gullet. Just the crinkly noise of the bag is annoying. :bang:

Have we met?

SallyAnne
Congrats on the gig.

:rollin: :rollin:

We're going to get on :D

TheBigYinJames
I want to shift another 2 stone by xmas, and a final 2 by next summer. Ideally. But I'll just take each little goal one at a time - 1st goal is getting through the next 3 weeks maintaining and surviving.

Congrats, I lost 5 stone a few years ago, my advice on the maintenance is not to get complacent. It creeps back on unless you nip it in the bud.

expat
I'm a size 18 now (down from 26/28) Bravo!

Bagpuss
2nd July 2008, 12:43
SA you need to do Slimmers World, you can eat like a bastard and still lose weight

TheBigYinJames
2nd July 2008, 12:45
SA you need to do Slimmers World, you can eat like a bastard and still lose weight

How do bastards eat?

rootsnall
2nd July 2008, 12:46
Welcome back and well done on the weight loss front ! Go for long term size 18 !?

Main news is Squirrel man has legged it.

Main non news is Milan got an extension.

NickFitz
2nd July 2008, 12:47

:yay: :wave: :banana: :wave: :yay:

Diver
2nd July 2008, 12:49
Welcome back and well done on the weight loss front ! Go for long term size 18 !?

1. Main news is Squirrel man has legged it.

2. Main non news is Milan got an extension.

1. AtW's busy. I had a chat with him this morning.

2. They gave him longer Tapes

SallyAnne
2nd July 2008, 12:49

Been there, done that. What happens is when you get sick of it, you KEEP eating like a b*stard and end up heavier than when you started.

You guys told me what to do ages ago.....eat less, move more. It's the only thing that works!

I'll always have a tendancy to over eat - that'll never go. I reckon I put my last 4 stone on through trying to give up smoking to be honest - each time I tried and failed I ended up being about a stone heavier...

So hopefully now that I've cracked the smoking thing, I'll never end up that big again.

Zippy
2nd July 2008, 12:50
Bravo!

Hear, hear - bloody well done! :banana:
That's some size difference there missus and I bet you'll look wonderful in your wedding dress.

Diver
2nd July 2008, 12:51
Been there, done that. What happens is when you get sick of it, you KEEP eating like a b*stard and end up heavier than when you started.

You guys told me what to do ages ago.....eat less, move more. It's the only thing that works!

I'll always have a tendancy to over eat - that'll never go. I reckon I put my last 4 stone on through trying to give up smoking to be honest - each time I tried and failed I ended up being about a stone heavier...

So hopefully now that I've cracked the smoking thing, I'll never end up that big again.

Wifey hid all the dinner plates and we now use small side plates for our meals (even Sunday Dinner) works a treat, the weight is falling off.

The Lone Gunman
2nd July 2008, 12:53
Nice to have you back hen, and well done on the diet.:yay:. Keep it up you sexy thing.

SallyAnne
2nd July 2008, 13:02
Nice to have you back hen, and well done on the diet.:yay:. Keep it up you sexy thing.

Ahhhhh - lovely to see you too TLG :wave:

And thanks to everyone else - sorry I dont have time to reply to every post. And I'd just get wrong off bagpuss for making it "all about me" :D

It's lush to be back - I just need to keep it to a minimum for the next week or two, just to ease myself in (and get my "noone can see my screen" confidence back) :D

You all rock, as per usual xxxxx

BoredBloke
2nd July 2008, 13:03
I have also lost a significant amount of weight since I amputated my legs

FiveTimes
2nd July 2008, 13:04
How do bastards eat?

slowly and grind their knives and fork while at their desk :D

Welcome back SA and a big well done on the weight loss, keep going girl. you can do it.

Bagpuss
2nd July 2008, 13:05
SA is this you?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-442138/Size-zero-vs-size-18.html

Diver
I have also lost a significant amount of weight since I amputated my legs

I know how you can lose 30lb's of useless fat TE :D

TheBigYinJames
Welcome back SA and a big well done on the weight loss, keep going girl. you can do it.

As someone who has also done it, people don't realise what an amazing effort of will it takes. True grit, in fact.

FiveTimes
2nd July 2008, 13:06

does it involve cutting your hand off ?

Diver
2nd July 2008, 13:07
does it involve cutting your hand off ?

Prat! :D

Bagpuss
2nd July 2008, 13:08

Churchill already had a labotomy

Pinto
2nd July 2008, 13:08
Wifey hid all the dinner plates and we now use small side plates for our meals (even Sunday Dinner) works a treat, the weight is falling off.

We've tried that. Didn't work very well with us, but we're now experts at the art of stacking. Multi layered beef slices with pyramid roast potatoes, lovely!

DS23
2nd July 2008, 13:12
18 from 28? bloody hell - well done sa! it is right that it should take time to lose the next lot. too fast is almost as bad as too much. mind you - i am not qualified to give medical advice blah, blah.

living the contractor life makes it even harder to lose weight - the constant change makes maintaining a steady diet and excercise regime really difficult. add giving up smoking and wedding preparations... grief - so, yeah - bloody well done.

good news about the new gig - is it local? i'm finishing up tomorrow - about blooming time after 14 months. fly out to the new contract on sunday for a monday start. hey ho. should keep me sweet until the end of the year.

when is the not so big big day? would you let esteemed cukers join together to get you a wedding gift?

EternalOptimist
2nd July 2008, 13:15
Take it easy SA and tell us more about the wedding. When where how etc :)

:rolleyes:

BA to the Stars
2nd July 2008, 13:27
Well done on the weight loss Sal, a great achievement.

Now you go and enjoy that wedding. Your confidence must be sky high after dropping all those sizes.

As you say, aim for realistic targets - little & often (weight loss not wedding night for all you pervs out there) :wink

Congrats on the gig that lets you on line during the day. Where are you based now?

SallyAnne
2nd July 2008, 13:28
slowly and grind their knives and fork while at their desk :D

Exactly!!! :yay:

SallyAnne
2nd July 2008, 13:30
SA is this you?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-442138/Size-zero-vs-size-18.html

It's not far off - except, as is well established on here, I am strawberry blonde NOT ginger :)

SallyAnne
2nd July 2008, 13:31
As someone who has also done it, people don't realise what an amazing effort of will it takes. True grit, in fact.

Are you just naming Westerns?

Is this the secret game of the day?

TheBigYinJames
2nd July 2008, 13:34

Well it is High Noon, if I'm Unforgiven, that's just The Good The Bad and the Ugly. The Wild Bunch here will not let it lie.

BA to the Stars
2nd July 2008, 13:40
Well it is High Noon, if I'm Unforgiven, that's just The Good The Bad and the Ugly. The Wild Bunch here will not let it lie.

I have just had a 6 month extension to the gig so it is Bonanza time for me and to celebrate I have treated the wife to a new dress and to accessorise She Wore A Yellow Ribbon. :D

SallyAnne
2nd July 2008, 13:40
18 from 28? bloody hell - well done sa! it is right that it should take time to lose the next lot. too fast is almost as bad as too much. mind you - i am not qualified to give medical advice blah, blah.

living the contractor life makes it even harder to lose weight - the constant change makes maintaining a steady diet and excercise regime really difficult. add giving up smoking and wedding preparations... grief - so, yeah - bloody well done.

good news about the new gig - is it local? i'm finishing up tomorrow - about blooming time after 14 months. fly out to the new contract on sunday for a monday start. hey ho. should keep me sweet until the end of the year.

when is the not so big big day? would you let esteemed cukers join together to get you a wedding gift?

Bloody hell!!! I didn't know you knew how to talk outside TPD!!! :)

Thanks for all that DS - yeah changes are hard to cope with. Routine is key in loosing weight like.
The wedding hasn't been that stressful really - but we've had our kitchen and bathrom done over the last couple of months too (didn't have worktops for the last month! That was a challenge!!)

Yeah my new gig is local - 15 mins from home, which is LUSH!! Crikie - didn't you want some time off?!! Esxcellent news on the new gig though - it's always a blessing, esepcially in today's climate! (Speaking of which, has anyone kept a tally of how many times "Credit Crunch" has been mentioned on here lately?) :D

Getting married 3 weeks on Saturday - and dont be so daft about a prezzie :D Just make sure you make the CUk Xmas do so we can all have a drink together :D

xxxx

DS23
2nd July 2008, 14:02
Bloody hell!!! I didn't know you knew how to talk outside TPD!!! :)

yup. as you will know - abstinance is sometimes the only way. i was starting to feel a bit like victor carroon. after reaching a nice round number i thought i'd quit it.

ace00
2nd July 2008, 14:08

I managed to get a Led Zep track into a conference call with the supplier today as we needed to find out why they didn't tell us about a circuit / hardware delivery. I said we needed to get to the bottom of this Communication Breakdown.

Incognito
2nd July 2008, 14:09
It's not far off - except, as is well established on here, I am strawberry blonde NOT ginger :)

Strawberry blondes just ginger with a great PR company :D

Xenophon
2nd July 2008, 14:17
Hey lass. Hope you are well and you've been having fun.

chef
2nd July 2008, 14:27
welcome back SA..

Zippy
2nd July 2008, 14:31
I managed to get a Led Zep track into a conference call with the supplier today as we needed to find out why they didn't tell us about a circuit / hardware delivery. I said we needed to get to the bottom of this Communication Breakdown.

Bet you left them Dazed and Confused

DimPrawn
2nd July 2008, 14:40
You just want to hear that I've failed dont you?

Well....I have and I haven't :)

Not at all. Well done that lass. :yay:

Lose another couple of stone and who knows, I might even start fancying you.

:tongue

TheBigYinJames
2nd July 2008, 14:42

Don't discourage her.

SallyAnne
2nd July 2008, 14:46
Not at all. Well done that lass. :yay:

Well that's certainly an incentive :rollin:

(and also :sick )

(but also :hug:)

Bagpuss
2nd July 2008, 14:47
6ft of size 18 ginger woman is enough for any man

Lucy
2nd July 2008, 15:02
SallyAnn is back!

Yay!!!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Thanks for your PM, I'll answer it when I feel a bit less shell-shocked.

Good Luck with everything, your weight-loss is amazing, good on you!

xx

TheVoice
2nd July 2008, 15:52
Anyone who is sad enough in the first place to eat at their desk needs their head examined & is quite clearly a looney!

Seems we are the only nation in the world who think not taking proper time to ourselves in the work day is somehow important. Then we whinge about our health, RSI, Eyes you name it - hey ho, I'll never get it.

Yeah OK maybe the odd cake or nibble through the day at your desk but lunch is sacred & should be taken well away from anything work related...including a canteen if possible, unless you enjoy watching co-sherkers chewed food get rolled around in their wide mouths like a cement mixer :D

Do us all a favour & lock this nutter in a server room & set off the gas!

TheBigYinJames
2nd July 2008, 15:54
Anyone who is sad enough in the first place to eat at their desk needs their head examined & is quite clearly a looney!

Some of us don't want to lose an hour's invoicables chewing on a crappy canteen sarny...

Lucy
2nd July 2008, 15:55

Oh yay

A tight-arse, middle-aged, FT obsessed, Swindon-based, prawn in a sports car.

What more could a girl want.

You're obviously marrying the wrong man Sal:rolleyes:

Bagpuss
2nd July 2008, 15:56
Some of us don't want to lose an hour's invoicables chewing on a crappy canteen sarny...

Ditto, it's either a sandwich and surf the net, or listen to the permies talk about performance reviews, training or Big Brother.

NickFitz
2nd July 2008, 15:56

Nonsense. I have lunch at my desk so I can catch up with various news sites and post drivel in TPD. What good is it having lunch without an Internet connection? :confused:

Ruprect
2nd July 2008, 16:01
In response to the OP, why not either get some headphones or walk away? If you're not usually allowed headphones, then put them on pointedly once the eating starts, and if anyone asks just say that you can't concentrate with all the noise.

Incognito
2nd July 2008, 16:03
Start spraying air freshner about your head as he's eating and turn your nose up and ask if anyone else can smell that horrible smell. He'll get the hint

Ruprect
2nd July 2008, 16:11
Start spraying air freshner about your head as he's eating and turn your nose up and ask if anyone else can smell that horrible smell. He'll get the hint

Either that or drop a big grunt when he's about to start eating. He'll soon move.

Bagpuss
2nd July 2008, 16:27

That will have about about the same effect as coughing when someone lights a fag

TheVoice
2nd July 2008, 17:04

Charge by the day & then go out every lunchtime to somewhere nicer :wink

EternalOptimist
2nd July 2008, 17:10
Oh yay

A tight-arse, middle-aged, FT obsessed, Swindon-based, prawn in a sports car.

What more could a girl want.

You're obviously marrying the wrong man Sal:rolleyes:

There you go again Lucy, jumping to conclusions. How do you know that SA is not getting hitched to DP ?

:rolleyes:

SallyAnne
2nd July 2008, 17:14
6ft of size 18 ginger woman is enough for any man

6ft? eh?

What you babbling on about now?

It's good to know some things never change :rolleyes:

SallyAnne
2nd July 2008, 17:15
Strawberry blondes just ginger with a great PR company :D

Fwoar - who might you be then? :tongue

Bagpuss
2nd July 2008, 17:24
6ft? eh?

What you babbling on about now?

It's good to know some things never change :rolleyes:

I thought you were a tall BBW.

SallyAnne
2nd July 2008, 17:26
I thought you were a tall BBW.

Thank you for proving my "Bagpuss never listens to a word I say" argument :D

5-4ish.
I'm only big in the wide and titted sense (which isn't the same as "wide titted" sense.)

Bagpuss
2nd July 2008, 17:31
5ft 4 horizontal?

I'm only kidding like lass, look after yerself

ladymuck
2nd July 2008, 17:58
Well, I decide to log in for the first time since the end of Feb (having been stuck firmly up my own rear end for the past few months!) and am now feeling like I need to review my eating habits and make sure my life is not in danger!! :wink

Although saying that, I don't bother with a knife and fork, I just grab big handfuls and shove it down my gregory.

I would say 'nice to see you back' Sally but having not been around myself, I wouldn't know if you'd been here or not! I removed my facebook account (decided I didn't like their privacy policy) so I apologise if you left me any messages that got subsequently ignored. But very well done on the weight loss. I still desperately need to shift about 4st myself and am just too darn lazy to do it.

On the up side, I bought a Nissan 350z and am currently being all smug at the chavs in my street. I was going to try and move house but that's now only worth 10p so I got the car instead. At least I can rent a garage and sleep in that if things all go a bit tango uniform.

Best of luck with the new job! Jammy git for getting a local one, I'm now doing the two-hour commute up to London each day (beats Swindon though!).

FiveTimes
2nd July 2008, 20:15
Thank you for proving my "Bagpuss never listens to a word I say" argument :D

5-4ish.
I'm only big in the wide and titted sense (which isn't the same as "wide titted" sense.)

That's a shame... :p