• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Software Engineering contracts? in IR35?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Software Engineering contracts? in IR35?

Hi all,

I'm getting into this contracting lark and am investigating the various options. Seems that the Limited Company v Umbrella comes down to this IR35 business.

I am a software developer, and my impression from some initial IR35 research is that IT contractors will come under IR35? Is that a fair assumption?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Esquilax View Post
    Hi all,

I'm getting into this contracting lark and am investigating the various options. Seems that the Limited Company v Umbrella comes down to this IR35 business.

I am a software developer, and my impression from some initial IR35 research is that IT contractors will come under IR35? Is that a fair assumption?

Thanks!
    Scroll to top of screen. Locate box marked CUK Navigation. Click on the relevant links (may I suggest Legal : IR35 / IR591 & First Timers )
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      Scroll to top of screen. Locate box marked CUK Navigation. Click on the relevant links (may I suggest Legal : IR35 / IR591 & First Timers )
      Thanks Moscow Mule.

I've perused these links already. From what I gather, IR35 relevance depends entirely on each individual contract. I guess my question is if that applies to Software Development, ie sometimes you might be covered by IR35, and other times not?

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks!
        Your initial IR35 research hasn't been very extensive has it?
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks!
          Did you do your research by calling HMRC?

To answer the question, no that is not a fair assumption.

Comment

Working...
          X