• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

McDonald can sponsor kids TV - Marmite cannot advertise

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McDonald can sponsor kids TV - Marmite cannot advertise

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...n-adverts.html

Marmite, cheddar cheese, raisins, Corn Flakes and honey are to remain banned from being advertised during children's television programmes, despite a year-long campaign from the food industry to change the rules.

A quirk of the rules meant that junk food brands, such as McDonald's, could continue to sponsor children's television programmes as long as specific products were not mentioned.

I just dont understand this atall. Maybe I am dreaming and will wake up when common sense has prevailed. Can anyone put a simple lad straight please? Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Can anyone put a simple lad straight please? Thanks in advance.
    It's just another example of poorly worded legislation having an unexpected effect.

Same **** different day.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I think Marmite should be banned anyway.
      Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

I just dont understand this atall. Maybe I am dreaming and will wake up when common sense has prevailed. Can anyone put a simple lad straight please? Thanks in advance.
        In this country I believe we passed the point of common sense prevailing some years ago
        HTH
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
          That is yeast-extract-ist that is.

You should be ashamed for touting such vitriol here.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            That is yeast-extract-ist that is.
            You should be ashamed for touting such vitriol here.
            Is it cos it is black?

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post

It is the amber nectar. I eat some most days. When I was three years old I used to get through a giant jar every week - I used to eat it off a teaspoon!

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                It's just another example of poorly worded legislation having an unexpected effect.

Same **** different day.
                So naturally they will add extra legislation? Which will be just as badly worded?

I expect then the MPs will be taking a pay cut?

Comment

It is the amber nectar. I eat some most days.
                  My dogs won't even touch it, and they eat faeces off the street.

Comment

It is the amber nectar. I eat some most days. When I was three years old I used to get through a giant jar every week - I used to eat it off a teaspoon!
                    well, that explains just how wrong you are! that is so so soooooooooooo wrong. sicko
                    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Working...
                    X