• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where do I legally stand

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do I legally stand

I'm an I.t. contractor and things were going fine on my current contract. I awoke this morning to a text to say that I shouldn't go in until I get further notice. But on the basis of a text I'm not sure this is a good idea.

My question dates back to a similar but not the same situation whereby I didn't go in and was therefore in breach of contract and the agency used this back against me and I lost (negotiated half the money owed- yes this sort of thing does happen).

In this new situation I have had an email from the agency now with this instruction so I think its safe to not go in.
    Caribbean Resorts and Scuba Diving

Phone the agent then phone the client.

Comment

Originally posted by www.landed.at View Post
      In this new situation I have had an email from the agency now with this instruction so I think its safe to not go in.
      They are who you 'work for' after all, but I assume they are still paying you for not going in?

Also, on a point of style, you shouldn't split your verb clause, it's better to say "Where do I stand legally?" or "Legally, where do I stand?" than put the adverb in between the subject and the verb. Just in case they ever start marking CVs on English grammar. HTH
      Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
        They are who you 'work for' after all, but I assume they are still paying you for not going in?

Also, on a point of style, you shouldn't split your verb clause, it's better to say "Where do I stand legally?" or "Legally, where do I stand?" than put the adverb in between the subject and the verb. Just in case they ever start marking CVs on English grammar. HTH
        Pedant!

But he has got a point, contact the Agency to confirm payment, but contact the client to get clarification. If you have a close contact at the clients, give them a buzz and ask what's going on.

Sounds like a downsize to me though
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
        X