• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cutting out the middle man

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cutting out the middle man

Hi,

I am in a situation where I'm working for a company that employs a lot of contractors. They are cutting back and a group of us want to get together, form our own agency and cut the costs for the clients. We would save the company 15% - 20% per contractor and this may even save jobs.

A few people have raised concerns about leaving a recruitment agency. It seems that some contracts stipulate that the contractor is not able to work for the same company again for a period of 6 months or more in some cases.

I want to know if any recruitment agencies have actually tried to prosecute someone for this, is it actually legally possible to stop someone working ?

How legally binding is the contract you signed after it has been terminated ?

thanks for any help

Working...
X