• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I need to get a bit of development done...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to get a bit of development done...

Folks, a question.

I need to get something developed. Now, eveh with my limited knowledge of these things, I can see that it wouldn't take long; having met NickFitz, I am confident he could do it in an afternoon.

It needs to run on Windows. Sadly - on one of those tablet things.

Anyone wanna help? Know anyone who does? Paid, natch.
    The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Shouldn't this be in the business section?

But as I'm on the bench and have done C++/MFC and only work on Windows. I'd be interested. yeah.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I'd be happy to assist as well - C#/.NET sounds like it might fit the bill in this case.
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
        I'd be happy to assist as well - C#/.NET sounds like it might fit the bill in this case.
        Fits what bill? Have you seen the requirements?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Indeed... I've never explored the Microsoft® Windows™ for the Tablet PC™ Platform incorporating the Microsoft® .NET™ API for the Tablet PC™ platform (see the appropriate EULAs for details) so I'm not sure where to start

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
            It needs to run on Windows. Sadly - on one of those tablet things.
            Do keep up at the back.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Indeed... I've never explored the Microsoft® Windows™ for the Tablet PC™ Platform incorporating the Microsoft® .NET™ API for the Tablet PC™ platform (see the appropriate EULAs for details) so I'm not sure where to start
              Just think "Windows with pens"

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Do keep up at the back.
                Other than the fact that the software has to run on a windows tablet thing, what are the requirements.

What is the software supposed to do? Are there any time critical components that would require some low-level optimised code?

Churchill - In "Expanded for the hard of thinking" mode!

Comment

Yes, if you want it to run slowly, and take 10x longer to develop, with built-in memory leaks, null pointer exceptions, out of memory errors and strange threading issues, use the "superior" unmanaged plain vanilla ANSI C++ and MFC option

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Yes, if you want it to run slowly, and take 10x longer to develop, with built-in memory leaks, null pointer exceptions, out of memory errors and strange threading issues, use the "superior" unmanaged plain vanilla ANSI C++ and MFC option

HTH
                    Failing that use someone who knows what the f**k they're doing.

Btw, run slowly? Where the hell do you get that from?

Comment

Working...
                    X