• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What options are open to me - legal procesdings?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What options are open to me - legal procesdings?

Hi,

I suspect that this question may already been asked (although couldnt find anything when i searched) and so i hope somebody may be able to offer some advice.

I was up until almost 4 months ago using a firm of accountants to look after my LtdCo affairs. However, late last year i started to notice a drop off in the level of service (but which didnt stop them increasing their charges) which increased until by the start of April i was doing almost everything myself so i decided that since i was doing so much (and still paying the accountants for the pleasure) i decided to take on the responsibility myself.

I duely informed them of my decision and asked them to finalise my accounts which includes repayment of VAT FRS money from last year and deductions made for the first 3 weeks of this FY that they hold, altogether this totals almost £3k.

Anyway, i have been in contact on numerous occassions and have been promised numerous times that it would be completed very soon but, quick as a flash...nothing.

So my question is this, what options are open to me?

At first i was reluctant to escalate it because i didnt want to hack them off and so make matters worse, but my patience is now beginning to wear thin so i want to increase the tempo so to speak.

Any advice / thoughts welcome.

Regards

Alan

You've two options really, esculate it or wait for them to do as you ask.

Far better though is to get something in writing telling them you expect the situation to be resolved in 'X' days otherwise you'll have to look at taking the matter further.

I think you specifically need to tell them what you expect and by when.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

I hate to ask, but why have your accountants got £3k of your money? You pay the bills, not them - they merely supply the numbers.

Anyway, WHS. Write to them and tell them what will happen; do the work they've been contracted to do with all due despatch or you'll be taking legal action. You don't have to be more specific than that.

And who are they, BTW - just in case someone else thinks of using them?
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        I hate to ask, but why have your accountants got £3k of your money? You pay the bills, not them - they merely supply the numbers.

Anyway, WHS. Write to them and tell them what will happen; do the work they've been contracted to do with all due despatch or you'll be taking legal action. You don't have to be more specific than that.

And who are they, BTW - just in case someone else thinks of using them?
        They essentially did everything for me, raised my invoices, the money was paid to them, they made all the deductions including VAT FRS (which i only learned off late on in my association with them and hence the £3k), paid the remainder into my own account, paid HMRC as and when required, etc.

The company is Freelance Euro Network, would not recommend them at all.

Alan

Comment

Working...
        X