• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract with Car allowance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract with Car allowance

Morning all,

I've put in for a contract which pays an hourly rate plus a £5000 PA pro-rata car allowance.

From an accounts point of view, would I just invoice this as a separate item called something like "Travel expenses"?

From an IR35 point of view, would I be best getting them to lump it all into one hourly rate? Car Allowance sounds a bit permie.

Anyone else get paid like this?

I'd try and get it as an hourly rate.
    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
      I'd try and get it as an hourly rate.
      Yes, I think that is what I will push for - keep it simple!

Comment

Working...
      X