• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Package negotiation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Package negotiation

I'm contracting in IT doing Rollout / Support work.

I've been offered a perm position for a client that I did some contract work for. They can't offer me too much money though, but even though I've told them I wouldn't be interested in a low offer, they are eager to meet with me again to discuss it.

I normally work about 75% of the time, yes I take long breaks!
    They initially offered me 50% of my rate which I turned down. Now they are offering 55-60%. Apart from Healthcare, there are no other benefits.

I am thinking of suggesting to them to take me on a contract basis if they really cant pay me more. I plan to use an umbrella (NLL or ParasolIT) and can get private healthcare that matches the one they offer.

Any advice on points to bring up in the meeting? benefits or responsibilities I can request to justify getting a better package?

The best way to approach the meeting is to be thinking "If I don't get what I want, I'll walk."

You can ask for what you want, knowing confidently that any 'negotiating' tactis they employ won't work.

Comment

Working...
    X