• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

pay slips

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pay slips

Does anyone bother with these? My accountant produces a monthly breakdown, but I view this as being for MyCo and not me personally. I will need proof of income for things such as CSA etc... Is there a legal need?

Also, when you pay a divi, do you need to document this?

(please bear with me, I'm a newbie to LtdCo and any advice is much apprecaited)
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

1. I have no idea. I suspect that it is a requirement if you pay yourself any PAYE, however the accountant handles all PAYE and personal tax matters for myCo and myself so I have never seen anything and wouldn't expect to.

2. It is critical that a Director's meeting is held to declare the dividend and that this is minuted. In practice, since I am the only director, I just send a signed form to the accountant stating that on such and such a date, it was determined to declare a dividend of such and such amount.
    Last edited by Gonzo; 2 August 2008, 15:52. Reason: Making sesnse. There are no degrees of criticality....

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
      Does anyone bother with these? My accountant produces a monthly breakdown, but I view this as being for MyCo and not me personally. I will need proof of income for things such as CSA etc... Is there a legal need?

Also, when you pay a divi, do you need to document this?

(please bear with me, I'm a newbie to LtdCo and any advice is much apprecaited)
      There is no legal need. If you need payslips for CSA then get them. If no Divi document you may get challenged by HMRC.

Comment

TVM both.
        I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

You need to issue payslips to employees:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/paye/daytoday-paying.htm#2

When you issue a dividend you ought to give the recipient a letter detailing the amount and the tax credit.

QB.

Comment

Working...
          X