• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Google Apps

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Apps

Anyone on here signed up to use google apps, standard edition?

I've got a domain name, but no webmail capabilities so I just forward all the email addresses the domain gives me to a googlemail account. Dont really like this and google apps seems to offer a cost effective, i.e. free, way of getting something a little more easier to use.

Thanks

Yeah, I used Google Apps as an email platform for my domain for a while - seemed to work well, and very easy to set up.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
      Anyone on here signed up to use google apps, standard edition?

I've got a domain name, but no webmail capabilities so I just forward all the email addresses the domain gives me to a googlemail account. Dont really like this and google apps seems to offer a cost effective, i.e. free, way of getting something a little more easier to use.

Thanks
      I know of people running businesses using Google Apps for Domains, if that's what you're referring to.

In the words of one such person responsible for the technical stuff for a startup with major VC funding, it's a "no-brainer".

He's somebody I used to work with when I was at Yahoo, for what that's worth. Very smart guy. More business sense than me

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'm not sure the domain name I got though 1and1 will allow me to do the necessary config for google apps. Still playing around though.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
          Thanks for the replies. I'm not sure the domain name I got though 1and1 will allow me to do the necessary config for google apps. Still playing around though.
          A client of mine has a domain with 1&1 and he doesn't appear to have any DNS editing capability, so I just checked their FAQ:

DNS Management is dependent on the features of the package and is available with all current domain packages advertised on the 1&1 website.

Older domain packages may not have full DNS management. Upgrade to the latest version to access this feature.

Please contact 1&1 Technical support if you are unable to determine if your package supports DNS management.
          Sounds like you might need to drop Tech Support a line and get them to upgrade your domain package. You should then be able to configure the A/CNAME and MX records you require for Google Apps.
          Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Thanks Voodooflux,

All the info is available form the google verify domian help. You have to create a sub-domain and name it the same as the unique key that google give you. You can then edit the DNS name of this sub-domain.

I don't think I've never not got a good answer from the google help files!

Comment

Working...
            X