• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Changing trading company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing trading company

Can anybody advise on changing your trading company mid contract?

I am thinking of diverting attention by the CSA away from my current company by starting a new one.

Has anybody done this, what sort of issues did it raise with the client and the agency?

Many thanks

CO101

You need to make sure the agency's is prepared to issue a revised contract in the name of the new company. There shouldnt be much hassle as far as the client is concerned.

I was going to do this regarding my accountant's advice on expenses but, decided arrange change of bank account VAT details etc, etc was just too much hassle.

If your agent is reluctant to make the change mid contract, insist its done as a condition of accepting any renewal.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Thanks BB.

I will contact the agency tomorrow and see if I can convince them.

CO

Comment

Originally posted by castoff101 View Post
        ...I am thinking of diverting attention by the CSA away from my current company by starting a new one. ...
        shirking my legal responsibilities to my offspring
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
        X