• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nokia N82 - opinions?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nokia N82 - opinions?

Spawned from the E71 thread...

I like all the facilities on the N82 (same as an N95). The concerns from the reviews seem to be smaller screen and slightly fiddly keypad (and the looks - which I'm not concerned about).

I'm mainly interested in the multimedia and web/email. I'd go for the N95 but the weight, battery life, camera quality and lack of SD slot put me off.

Any opinions?

Originally posted by gadgetman View Post
    Spawned from the E71 thread...

I'm mainly interested in the multimedia and web/email. I'd go for the N95 but the weight, battery life, camera quality and lack of SD slot put me off.

Any opinions?
    Eh? N95 has good quality 5MP camera, good battery life (mine does at least), and has a memory card slot (might not be SD, but still....)... Unless you're talking N95 8GB in which case, fair point on the card slot. But isn't 8GB enough?

For multimedia, web/email - gotta be the iPhone. But that prob won't satisfy the weight, battery life, camera requirements...

Comment

My mate's N95 has a micro SD card slot
      As does my Vario II
      And did my Samsung D600 before that.

I think you would be hard pushed to find a new mobile phone with a full sized SD card slot these days....
      Still Invoicing

Comment

Yeah I meant micro SD. I'm talking about the 8Gb N95 which I believe does not have a memory slot.

And no, 8Gb is not enough built in, I want to be able to swap storage cards.

I understand the N95 has a good camera but the N82 has the proper flash for low light shots.

Most reviews/comprisons I've seen say the N95 is a little heavy on battery usage and that the N82 is significantly better.

I think the iPhone is a great bit of kit but I hate Apple's business model and restrictive practices and I will never use iTunes again. Also I want something off contract and sim-free.

I'm really interested to hear from any N82 owners about any good or bad points.

Comment

I'm getting an N82 on Saturday as a free replacement for my N81 8Gb, its a long story but basically the shop (carphone warehouse) lost the back cover when it went of for repair, 7 weeks later and they still haven’t been able to find a replacement hence a new phone.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gadgetman View Post
            Yeah I meant micro SD. I'm talking about the 8Gb N95 which I believe does not have a memory slot.

And no, 8Gb is not enough built in, I want to be able to swap storage cards.
            They have removed the card slot for the new version?

Are they mad???
            Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
              They have removed the card slot for the new version?

Are they mad???
              I think they had to in order to fit the extra stuff in. 8GB internally for a start. Plus bigger screen and better GPS.

Comment

n82 has certainly a better camera with xenon flash, I've seen comparison with n95 and the difference is really big, even though they're both 5mpix.

I'd really like to hear more especially about battery life, as I'd love to get one, eventually...

It seems all modern smartphones suffer from painfully short battery life, looks so poor compared to an old nokia 6310, which lasts two weeks without charging...

Comment

Working...
                X