• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Used car prices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used car prices

Are the asking prices actually coming down? Is anyone getting a sports car bargain?

Originally posted by shoes View Post
    Are the asking prices actually coming down? Is anyone getting a sports car bargain?
    Small cars no, large cars (2000cc +) yes.

PistonHeads forum topic 1

PistonHeads forum topic 2

Comment

Medium sized cars?

I have a VW Golf for sale as needed to get bigger for to cope with two kiddies and the Mrs. Put it on before the kiddie was born for the Parker's Guide price and had one call about it. Have dropped £700 quid and listed again now that the baby is less hassle and had a couple of calls but all saying they cannot pay advertised price. Will be about £1200 off the guide price in May by the time I sell I expect.

Made the mistake of making it as tidy as possible before selling, should have listed sooner and for slightly less
      my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Large 4x4 is what you want
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
          Large 4x4 is what you want
          WHS

V8 preferably.
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

That M3 must be a typos or it's stolen recovered/cat d

No-way can a 1 year old M3 lose 50%

Just had a quick look, an old shape 06 for 23k

Jesus!

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/678938.htm
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 26 August 2008, 18:25.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by ferret View Post
              Medium sized cars?

I have a VW Golf for sale as needed to get bigger for to cope with two kiddies and the Mrs. Put it on before the kiddie was born for the Parker's Guide price and had one call about it. Have dropped £700 quid and listed again now that the baby is less hassle and had a couple of calls but all saying they cannot pay advertised price. Will be about £1200 off the guide price in May by the time I sell I expect.

Made the mistake of making it as tidy as possible before selling, should have listed sooner and for slightly less
              What Golf have you got and how much is it on for? I'm looking for a Mk5 golf at the moment. Not offered any yet though

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                That M3 must be a typos or it's stolen recovered/cat d

No-way can a 1 year old M3 lose 50%

Just had a quick look, an old shape 06 for 23k

Jesus!

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/678938.htm
                Local garage has a 2004/53 XKR convertible, decent spec, 24k miles, stickered at 18,999. He suggested 17k in folding would do it. Books at 22-26.

Mind you when I then asked him what he might think about my 2000 740 with 60k he did only want to go to 3k. Guess 'll be keeping it for a while

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
                  Local garage has a 2004/53 XKR convertible, decent spec, 24k miles, stickered at 18,999. He suggested 17k in folding would do it. Books at 22-26.

Mind you when I then asked him what he might think about my 2000 740 with 60k he did only want to go to 3k. Guess 'll be keeping it for a while
                  Looks a bit dated now, I have an 05 s2000 for 15.99k 26k miles, immaculate
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    Looks a bit dated now, I have an 05 s2000 for 15.99k 26k miles, immaculate
                    True, but I quite like 'em. I have a mate who's just bought a 56 S2000 (18k miles) for a good chunk more 16k - but did get a very good price on an impreza.

Another mate just sold an Turbo R. The depreciation only worked out at about 2.40 per mile......

Comment

Working...
                    X