• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Registered Address - Virtual Office Services?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Registered Address - Virtual Office Services?

Hi All,

I have see Virtual Offices advertised around London and was wondering if anyone has any good/bad experiences with them they could share

And if you don't use a virtual office and you rent, what address do you use for your registered office or the main snail mail correspondence address? Bank statements etc.

I set up myCo about two months and just used my rental residence as the initial address for convenience. I still have about 11 months left to run, but it looks like I could be moving out next month for other reasons. The perils of share house living!

My accountant charges a nominal amount to use their address as myCo's registered address, but I like the idea of all business correspondence going to the one address regardless of which town/city/country I live in. But I guess I don't want to change it over only to find out they have gone missing along with my business and personal identity!

Would it be a problem if I checked my mail once a week? Do HMRC send letters needing urgent action?

Ta
    Stu

HMRC do most definitely send letters needing urgent action and they typically post the damn things second class too.

If you're likely to be moving about a fair bit you would be advised to have a safe address for mail, if you trust your accountants it's as good an address as any.

Comment

For a while I used Mailboxes Etc and rented a mailbox. They had a High St Address which coupled with an 0845 number I set up gave a much more businesslike appearance.

At the time I was doing some box-shifting and they would take delivery and send stuff out for me without any problems and I would just pick it up from them at the weekend.

They didn't do a telephone answering service, but then it wasn't expensive.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I use my accountants address for my registered address and a PO Box for my correspondance address.

Benefits are:

* My accountant can see all HMRC correspondance and then sends it to me with the appropriate advise.

* Address will not change, if it does, he will carry out Co House changes.

* All correspondance comes directly to me (to me door is I decided that option was for me).

Comment

Working...
        X