• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Smartpay anyone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smartpay anyone?

Received a letter from a company called Smartpay this morning offering a take home after fees of 88%. Anyone heard of this company or had the same letter? Looks dodgy to me! If it looks too good then it probably is as someone said.

Their website is smartpaylimited dot com

Me too. I hadn't actually read it; I assumed it was just another umbrella, but it says 88% if you're a "shareholder/director" and 85% if you're a contractor. Don't know what the difference is.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      Me too. I hadn't actually read it; I assumed it was just another umbrella, but it says 88% if you're a "shareholder/director" and 85% if you're a contractor. Don't know what the difference is.
      I wonder how much of the income will be via an off-shore loan? I wonder how long the company has been in business and how long they will last in the trade?
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Looking at their website http://www.smartpaylimited.com/index.html it's far too woolly to provide any meaningfull information.

Comment

This is them according to Co's House.

Operating out of the same offices as a firm of Lawyers.

More about them here

Looks like the lawyers have decided to branch out into accountancy as well
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Ive been looking into these as well. I thought they were an offshore solution. i have emailed them to find out more as if there legit thats a good take home

Comment

Originally posted by timittim View Post
              Ive been looking into these as well. I thought they were an offshore solution. i have emailed them to find out more as if there legit thats a good take home
              You been looking in to them for 5 years. Now that is what I call diligence......
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Split divis with the missus and you're not far off 88% anyway (probably )
                Blood in your poo

Comment

Smart pay limited??

Does anyone have any update on this company?

Comment

i know a mate who was was with them until last year, i think they pay via one of these loan schemes still around i think but i wouldn't risk it personally

Comment

Working...
                    X