• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Form data lost...sometimes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form data lost...sometimes

where's it gone?

I have a simple 3 elements HTML form that gets sent to Outlook and the recipient clicks submit - form elements processed on JSP page with a 'reciept' to display what you just did.

on a corporate intranet.

in the past week sometimes the form element don't get there - just drop out somewhere.

any ideas where it gets cut, dropped or how?

Is Outlook screwing things after a recent update?

What do you mean by "Don't get there"? The form is submitted but the values are null or missing, or nothing at all (i.e. a request) is not sent to the server. Are you getting any error messages?

Comment

Have any bright sparks disabled java?

Was does the JS do if it fails to get a response from Outlook? Does it just assume it was sent successfully and output a receipt anyway?

Comment

the form displays correctly in Outlook 2003.

form is posted to the correct URL - JSP page from Outlook

error comes up on correct JSP page - saying form elements are undefined.

then submit same thing again and it works.

Browser to browser - no problems at all - same code everything.

I know Outlook 2007 has withdrawn all usage of forms in email but this is outlook 2003

Outlook is obviously the problem - just cannot figure out why, what, how.

Comment

Working...
        X