• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hosted Business Intelligence Solution

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hosted Business Intelligence Solution

Can anyone recommend any companies/consultancies(big or small) they know of who could provide a hosted BI Solution.

Basically it's a mixture of forecasting, order management, service contracts, licensing, products, customers etc all linked together by Dunn and Bradstreet data.

We have the data but not the tools to present it in an OLAP/Cube/Flash reporting solution, so looking for an 'out of the box' hosted solution.

Any ideas?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

1. Sounds Technical, this is General

2. Who is going to develop the OLAP cubes, maintain the datawarehouse, create the pivot tables, reports etc?

3. If you just want a server to host your SQL Server Analysis Services and SQL Server Reporting Services then almost any dedicated Windows host will do

You haven't really thought this through as usual have you?

Comment

Any of the large data hosting and support companies can do this for you, the likes of IBM, Unisys and CSC can do the development required too, I'm sure there are dozens of others.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
        Any of the large data hosting and support companies can do this for you, the likes of IBM, Unisys and CSC can do the development required too, I'm sure there are dozens of others.
        Yes any of the big consulting companies can do this for you. For £1500/day you can choose between a recent grad with no experience or some bloke in India, who will have changed jobs by the end of the month.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Can anyone recommend any companies/consultancies(big or small) they know of who could provide a hosted BI Solution.

Basically it's a mixture of forecasting, order management, service contracts, licensing, products, customers etc all linked together by Dunn and Bradstreet data.

We have the data but not the tools to present it in an OLAP/Cube/Flash reporting solution, so looking for an 'out of the box' hosted solution.

Any ideas?
          I suggest you consider Hyperion. If you are open to that then I'll PM the consultancy I would recommend.

Comment

Dim, I have thought this through. This is just one of many options.

The issue we have is that we have the data structures, but our own IT department is so resource constrained and so bogged down in red tape they are unable to do anything.

So Hyperion is a good example.

We're looking at certain examples, and so it's on that basis we're looking. It's the actual 'front end' we're interested in, quick to enable, easily configurable etc.

We have the schema and the dimensions, but we have been using OBI and frankly it's been a disapointment!

I only have a $2M budget Dim, so it's small potatoes for you.

Comment

fish

Comment

AtW. Give it up, the cold war is over. You can eat potatoes again comrade!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

fish
                  fry

Comment

Dim, I have thought this through. This is just one of many options.

The issue we have is that we have the data structures, but our own IT department is so resource constrained and so bogged down in red tape they are unable to do anything.

So Hyperion is a good example.

We're looking at certain examples, and so it's on that basis we're looking. It's the actual 'front end' we're interested in, quick to enable, easily configurable etc.

We have the schema and the dimensions, but we have been using OBI and frankly it's been a disapointment!

Hire some Contractors FFS.

$2M wouldn't even cover the cost of the PPT slides from a consultancy.

Comment

Working...
                    X