• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trying to get a VAT invoice from Orange for a PAYG

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to get a VAT invoice from Orange for a PAYG

Has anyone been able to get a VAT invoice out of Orange for a PAYG phone?

I was going to buy a contract phone but when topping up my payg online through orange.co.uk it gave an option to have a VAT invoice - oh well I thought I can use this phone for business purposes and claim the top-up.

That was more than a month ago and many phone calls to Orange trying to get the VAT receipt have proved "fruit"less. It makes me wonder whether it was a mistake on their part to even offer this as a service.

If anyone knows how to get a VAT invoice for a orange payg then please let me know, perhaps I am better off topping up at a supermarket getting some supermarket loyalty points and keeping their receipt instead.
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

I was under the impression you can't claim PAYG anyway because you don't have an itemised bill. Ask your accountant.

Comment

Get a proper business contract phone, paid for straight from the business account.

And FFS get rid of your PAYG. Are you really a contractor?!
      Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
        Get a proper business contract phone, paid for straight from the business account.

And FFS get rid of your PAYG. Are you really a contractor?!
        I've had a PAYG number for the last decade since my contract phone got stolen in a break in and Orange monkeyed me about over replacing the Sim. I pay less in top ups than I would on contract.

Why would PAYG phones make anyone less a contractor than a phone on a pay monthly scheme?

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          Why would PAYG phones make anyone less a contractor than a phone on a pay monthly scheme?
          standard CUK willy-waving. disregard.
          Originally posted by BolshieBastard
          You're fulfilling a business role not partaking in a rock and roll concert.

Comment

Indeed, some silly people think that paying more than you have to is the mark of a proper business.

Though when you think about it, it does seem to be correct.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

There is a view that the contract is chargeable and their is no BIK, thus ensuring that this expense can be met from gross income (outside IR35 of course).

With PAYG strictly only the business calls are chargeable as an expense, everything else is paid out of net income. So a contract on the company can work out cheaper than paying for top ups from net income and reclaiming calls. Certainly less hassle. Also with PAYG there is an argument nothing at all is ever chargeable since their is no evidence to support the claim.

Of course their is also the view of "well I'm only paying 10 quid a month in top ups, so it's not worth the hassle of doing anything different".

Comment

Working...
              X