PDA

View Full Version : question for sasguru the master day trader

rootsnall
23rd September 2008, 08:34
Why haven't bank shares been battered this morning ?

I thought I'd pulled a blinder selling my RBS yesterday :confused:

Also could you please tell me if the US bail out will work ?

AtW
23rd September 2008, 08:37
sas is too busy attending an emergency "team meeting" with his manager...

sasguru
23rd September 2008, 08:37
Day trading is a generally a lottery, unless there are some strong factors that you can tell will push a market or stock one way or t'other.
So stay away.
Who knows what will happen.
I would buy a BTL if I were you.

sasguru
23rd September 2008, 08:38
sas is too busy attending an emergency "team meeting" with his manager...

Have you stopped dreaming about world domination with SKA yet?

MarillionFan
23rd September 2008, 08:39
Last week was a great week for day trading. Now with the removal of shorting on Financial stocks, I'm going to hold off.

AtW
23rd September 2008, 08:41
I'm going to hold off.

Have you tried shorting the company you work for? Just an idea. :wink

AtW
23rd September 2008, 08:41
Have you stopped dreaming about world domination with SKA yet?

I just got up - need a coffee :sick

rootsnall
23rd September 2008, 08:44
I would buy a BTL if I were you.

Currently buying 10 newbuild BTL flats in each of Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds and Nottingham on Dimprawns advice.

I am looking to yourself to guide me on investing my profits in the stockmarket.

AtW
23rd September 2008, 08:45
Currently buying 10 newbuild BTL flats in each of Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds and Nottingham on Dimprawns advice.

You missed Leeds for well balanced portfolio! :eek:

Oh wait you didn't miss it - darn, too early in the morning. :eyes

HairyArsedBloke
23rd September 2008, 08:45
Why haven't bank shares been battered this morning ?

I thought I'd pulled a blinder selling my RBS yesterday :confused:

Also could you please tell me if the US bail out will work ?

RBS down over 3.5% ( 208.25 -7.75) at 9:30 how much more do you want in an hour and a half of trading?

pmeswani
23rd September 2008, 08:55
RBS down over 3.5% ( 208.25 -7.75) at 9:30 how much more do you want in an hour and a half of trading?

Another 50% would have been nice. :laugh

rootsnall
23rd September 2008, 08:55

Sold at 220.5 ! I was hoping for sub 200 on the overnight news but maybe the anti shorting stuff is having an effect.

HairyArsedBloke
23rd September 2008, 09:05
Sold at 220.5 ! I was hoping for sub 200 on the overnight news but maybe the anti shorting stuff is having an effect.

This is a very common mistake made by inexperienced traders. Once you’re out, you’re out. Don’t worry about what happened next. You are getting emotional about a position. As Yoda would say, “To the dark side, that path leads.”

AtW
23rd September 2008, 09:08
As Yoda would say, “To the dark side, that path leads.”

It's like becoming darth vader (stock trader) then saying that doing some other bad things that come naturally with the job of the Stock Lord are dark :laugh

rootsnall
23rd September 2008, 09:09
This is a very common mistake made by inexperienced traders. Once you’re out, you’re out. Don’t worry about what happened next. You are getting emotional about a position. As Yoda would say, “To the dark side, that path leads.”

Sod all emotion involved, I am probably better out but if they had got hammered this morning I would of bought back in.

HairyArsedBloke
23rd September 2008, 09:13
Plenty of time for that (going long). I don't believe that we have seen this years lows yet. Not by a long, long way.

ace00
23rd September 2008, 09:17

Easier said then done.....I sold off my $/Euro short way to early yesterday. :mad:

HairyArsedBloke
23rd September 2008, 10:03
Roots

Happy now?

MarillionFan
23rd September 2008, 10:09
Have you tried shorting the company you work for? Just an idea. :wink

Insider cannot do that.

rootsnall
23rd September 2008, 11:23
Roots

Happy now?

200.25 the lowest when I've logged on ! Also possibly a bit of dithering !!! Might wait for the US to open and review the masterplan.

HairyArsedBloke
23rd September 2008, 11:29
FT: RBS (http://markets.ft.com/tearsheets/performance.asp?s=rbs&vsc_appId=ts&ftsite=FTCOM&searchtype=equity&searchOption=equity) Showing 198

Bastard short sellers - oh, hang on we shot them last week. We are going to find someone else to blame.

BrilloPad
23rd September 2008, 11:45
I just got up - need a coffee :sick

I'll get it for you! Now where is my Po210? :rolleyes:

BrilloPad
23rd September 2008, 11:45
FT: RBS (http://markets.ft.com/tearsheets/performance.asp?s=rbs&vsc_appId=ts&ftsite=FTCOM&searchtype=equity&searchOption=equity) Showing 198

Bastard short sellers - oh, hang on we shot them last week. We are going to find someone else to blame.

Immigrants? Is it their turn this week?

AtW
23rd September 2008, 11:47
I'll get it for you! Now where is my Po210? :rolleyes:

Po210 can't be stored - it's half-life too low, so it has to be prepared just in time for the tea...

Bob Dalek
23rd September 2008, 11:55
Po210 can't be stored - it's half-life too low, so it has to be prepared just in time for the tea...

It has a half-life of 138.376 days - not that short.

BrilloPad
23rd September 2008, 11:56

Lets test it out shall we?

<hands atw coffee>

DimPrawn
23rd September 2008, 11:56
Immigrants? Is it their turn this week?

I suspect swan roasting Albanians.

AtW
23rd September 2008, 12:04

It's pretty short: in ~1 year there will be 8 times less of it, in ~2 years there will be 64 times less of it. So storage is highly impractical - it needs to be made to order, something that is done in a very few places - primarily in Russia.

HairyArsedBloke
23rd September 2008, 12:08
I suspect swan roasting Albanians.

AH! Yes! It's so clear now. They have been going after all the white swans so the proportion of black swans is going up.

All Hail DimPrawn! :yay: He has broken the case.

Bob Dalek
23rd September 2008, 14:13
It's pretty short: in ~1 year there will be 8 times less of it, in ~2 years there will be 64 times less of it. So storage is highly impractical - it needs to be made to order, something that is done in a very few places - primarily in Russia.

Given that ridiculously minuscule amounts are required to top someone, even a few meager grams is way enough for years. I win.

AtW
23rd September 2008, 14:28
Given that ridiculously minuscule amounts are required to top someone, even a few meager grams is way enough for years. I win.

No you don't win. Do you know how many gramms of Polonium is made every month? About 7 gramms I think. It indeed takes very little to kill someone - but do you realise that it takes special expertise to deal with micro-gramms of this sort of substances? It's not rat poison - this stuff is very tricky and very few places in the world can actually do it. In 2 years there would be 64 times less Polonium than stored - in 3 years 512 times less, in 4 years 4000 times less - it's not store-able for practical purposes. That's why it is so attractive to Govt sponsored assassins - it could not be detected at death and in a few years it would self-dissolve itself. Perfect murder weapons they thought.

DiscoStu
23rd September 2008, 14:50

There's no point arguing, AtW is a world-expert on every single topic posted in this forum... :rolleyes:

HairyArsedBloke
23rd September 2008, 14:57
Could AtW conceive of a topic that even AtW doesn’t know anything about?

sasguru
23rd September 2008, 14:58

He doesn't know much about his own psychology.

DiscoStu
23rd September 2008, 14:59

There are no topics that AtW isn't a complete authority on. Even if you invented a topic that had never previously existed, AtW would immediately become an authority on it :eyes

BrilloPad
23rd September 2008, 18:08
There are no topics that AtW isn't a complete authority on. Even if you invented a topic that had never previously existed, AtW would immediately become an authority on it :eyes

I once worked with someone who was genuinely very knowledgeable about a wide range of subjects. Someone got fed up one day and decided to talk about an obscure hobby of his - bee keeping! The other guy knew the subject inside out - everyone was gob smacked!

Spacecadet
23rd September 2008, 18:23

That is the SKA bot working at its best and not actually atw posting the replies