• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Webby Stuff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webby Stuff

OK I know I can search for this, but I would like recommendations. I want to produce a SQL server database which people can search using a front end hosted on a intranet page, and where they can produce preformatted Excel spreadsheets. Can anybody recommend any good books for doing this. I have not done any web stuff so it would have to be a bit of an idiots guide.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

.NET Mate

ASP.NET for Dummies

Nuff said.

Comment

asp maker

http://www.hkvstore.com/aspmaker/

quick & dirty
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

ASP without .NET on the end? Obsolete is not the word!

Comment

.net obselescence.

they do an asp.net maker as well. Better not look at it on a clients site, it could put loads of web jockeys out of a job.

Just depends whether you are a .net person or a vba / vb person. Tony obviously doesn't aspire to being a .net guru, he just wants something quick, that is easy to understand and maintain with existing knowledge.

$99 gives a db front end built and rebuilt in 10 minutes, once you have spent a couple of hours getting your head round the twiddles on the interface. Customisable templates so if you do a number of different looks / functions you can accomodate them.

they do a PHP maker & XML maker as well.

If he wants .net he could try looking at mygeneration, its slowly building up a number of templates.

or look at codecharge studio.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
          X