• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Credit to Gordon Brown where it is due.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit to Gordon Brown where it is due.

"No more boom and bust". Well he was 50% right.

Well Brillo, at least one person found it funny.

Comment

Exactly what Ian Hislop said on last Thursday's Question Time.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
        Exactly what Ian Hislop said on last Thursday's Question Time.
        And in the letters page of today's telegraph

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post

Well Brillo, at least one person found it funny.
          And you were just pretending?

Comment

Didn't see the speech apart from the odd snippet on the news last night, but the quote I saw on some news site this morning about Brownstuff saying the Conservatives weren't to be trusted with the economy had me pissing myself.

Fortunately my fellow office colleagues thought it was just down to my age and incontinence is to be expected.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              "No more boom and bust". Well he was 50% right.
              I believe also in last weeks Private Eye. Not that I would read such piffle. Honest.

"Credit to Gordon Brown where it is due...."

Well he will be needing a lot of credit to get us out of this fine mess. Shame that while the rest of the economy is tightening its belt Gordy goes out and blows more money (he hasn't got) on nursery places, broadband and prescriptions. Sheer, unadulterated brilliance.

Pillock.

Comment

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
                I believe also in last weeks Private Eye. Not that I would read such piffle. Honest.
                It's about the only paper left with any real news in it. I have been a subscriber since 1986.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                  I have been a subscriber since 1986.
                  I won't tell you how old I was in 1986.

A friend and I have agreed to get each other a subscription for Christmas. Totally pointless promise, but it amused us; and it seems like a good idea.

We had had several beers at this point.

We also decided that if we had infinite money we might lease a fleet of 9 astra combi vans and have the word "arsecakes" printed on the back, 1 letter per van; then park them up in various car parks in a row. Seemed amusing at the time.

Less beer me thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
                    I won't tell you how old I was in 1986.

A friend and I have agreed to get each other a subscription for Christmas. Totally pointless promise, but it amused us; and it seems like a good idea.

We had had several beers at this point.

We also decided that if we had infinite money we might lease a fleet of 9 astra combi vans and have the word "arsecakes" printed on the back, 1 letter per van; then park them up in various car parks in a row. Seemed amusing at the time.

Less beer me thinks.

I have had several similar conversations - my mate (and fellow Eye subscriber - we have bought each other subs over the years too) plans to buy up barn conversions when he wins the lottery and spend money converting them all back to barns.

Comment

Working...
                    X