• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank asking for "Pre employment questionairre"!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank asking for "Pre employment questionairre"!!!

Has anyone been asked for a "pre employment questionairre" to be filled in? Present bank are asking for this via agency - as well as passport copy, 5 years references etc.

agency reckons they have loads of contractors doing it with no problems, and that it won't affect IR35 status, err yer right.

How have you handled this situation?

Sorry, don't understand the question! What has your present bank to do withh an agency???

If you are a Ltd company, this just doesn't happen - what you did before you became Ltd is quite frankly none of their business, certainly if you're not asking for credit.

If you are possibly looking at going with an umbrella co, then go Ltd...

It's a load of tulipe...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I think the bank is his client.

He is following the time-honoured tradition of financial sector contractors, by which they point out that they work for banks even when it isn't relevant, and "present client" would do. That way, the rest of you know that he deserves to be treated with more respect than if he worked in a non-financial sector.

Comment

J P Morgan made me sign the Official Secrets Act before they'd even take me from reception to the interview.

I think me-laddo is getting off lightly

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post

He is following the time-honoured tradition of financial sector contractors, by which they point out that they work for banks even when it isn't relevant, and "present client" would do. That way, the rest of you know that he deserves to be treated with more respect than if he worked in a non-financial sector.

compassion

I would be amazed if any company would ask for stuff after contract signed and you start work.
          <awaits replies proving who wrong I am>

Comment

Has anyone been asked for a "pre employment questionairre" to be filled in? Present bank are asking for this via agency - as well as passport copy, 5 years references etc.

agency reckons they have loads of contractors doing it with no problems, and that it won't affect IR35 status, err yer right.

How have you handled this situation?
            I had the same thing for current gig (investment bank)
            3 yrs addresses (plus proof i lived there!) 5yrs references (and the DID phone them ALL!) credit chk, etc......
            may have something to do with anti-fraud or fsa rules

Comment

Apologies, current client is an outsourcer onsite at the bank - but they are being chucked offsite - the bank wants to keep us on, via a different agency - Hays.

Specifically Im interested in the IR35 implications. I have knocked back the questionnaire telling the agency that its for perm employees - but they say we have to sign it...!!! As far am Im concerned I think you'd have to be crazy to sign it.. imagine if that form came out in an investigation..!

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              Sorry, don't understand the question! What has your present bank to do withh an agency???

If you are a Ltd company, this just doesn't happen - what you did before you became Ltd is quite frankly none of their business, certainly if you're not asking for credit.

If you are possibly looking at going with an umbrella co, then go Ltd...

It's a load of tulipe...

Comment

absolute poppycock. I referred to them as a bank simply because I assumed it was a bank type thing to do to ask for this stuff, and lots of people work on here for banks. OK?

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post

Comment

[QUOTE=faceless;637921]Apologies, current client is an outsourcer onsite at the bank - but they are being chucked offsite - the bank wants to keep us on, via a different agency - Hays./QUOTE]

Hays tried that one on me as well. I told them to get stuffed.

They even asked me again, 2 months after I stopped using them!

Comment

Originally posted by faceless View Post
                    Apologies, current client is an outsourcer onsite at the bank - but they are being chucked offsite - the bank wants to keep us on, via a different agency - Hays.

Specifically Im interested in the IR35 implications. I have knocked back the questionnaire telling the agency that its for perm employees - but they say we have to sign it...!!! As far am Im concerned I think you'd have to be crazy to sign it.. imagine if that form came out in an investigation..!
                    If it's Hays then there's a chance that the upper contract doesn't reflect what they give you anyway (allegedly) and so you could be unwittingly caught anyway...

Walk.

Comment

Working...
                    X