• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Football hospitality

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Football hospitality

I fancy treating a few "contacts" to some premiership football with hospitality.

Can I pay for this through my limited co. Does the taxman care who comes along and how often can I do this?

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
    I fancy treating a few "contacts" to some premiership football with hospitality.

Can I pay for this through my limited co. Does the taxman care who comes along and how often can I do this?

I fancy treating a few "Friends" to some premiership football with hospitality.

Me too...

Comment

If they come knocking, you have to justify how it could lead to extra business. And of course, it's not tax deductable...
      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

my accountant said no

Comment

my accountant said no
          to what exactly? To taking your mates to the footy and claiming it is a business expense, or, to taking potential clients to some corporate hospitality?

Comment

I've done it before - just hoyed it through an an expense.
            Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
              I've done it before - just hoyed it through an an expense.
              Agreed, I went to Vegas last year for a "Training Seminar" aka best mate's stag do!
              Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                to what exactly? To taking your mates to the footy and claiming it is a business expense, or, to taking potential clients to some corporate hospitality?
                accountant reckoned inland revenue would do me for it unless I had convincing evidence it was furthering my business somehow

Comment

accountant reckoned inland revenue would do me for it unless I had convincing evidence it was furthering my business somehow
                  Isn't that what I said in my first post?

And also, all they would really do is treat it as a BIK and you'd pay the tax on it...

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
                    Agreed, I went to Vegas last year for a "Training Seminar" aka best mate's stag do!
                    Any documentary evidence (e.g. seminar receipts - not facebook pics of you with a t*t on each shoulder) that you can show the revenue when they come knocking?
                    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                    X