• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's the heat Carruthers, I can't stand the heat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the heat Carruthers, I can't stand the heat

It's hot, 46c last time I checked.
    Me and the missus spent a week in Kalbarri, WA, then headed North. We had to spend a night in the car in the great sandy desert because all the motels were full. (It took me 15 mins to peel the socks off when we landed the next night. The stink was incredible, and I smelled even worse than she did.)
    We have been living on toast beans and tuna for a couple of weeks, buzzing around the Kimberly, supposedly the hottest place on the planet.

must go for a tooey to keep cool

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Me and the missus spent a week in Kalbarri, WA, then headed North. We had to spend a night in the car in the great sandy desert because all the motels were full. (It took me 15 mins to peel the socks off when we landed the next night. The stink was incredible, and I smelled even worse than she did.)
    We have been living on toast beans and tuna for a couple of weeks, buzzing around the Kimberly, supposedly the hottest place on the planet.

Beats working though. Enjoy the tooey's

Comment

It's Tooheys
      Last edited by DiscoStu; 6 October 2008, 09:04.
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

46 degrees

It's around 15 degrees C here + wet and cloudy

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          46 degrees

It's around 15 degrees C here + wet and cloudy
          46 is quite difficult for me to imagine. Anything over 35 and I start wilting.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            46 is quite difficult for me to imagine. Anything over 35 and I start wilting.
            It's ok if it's a dry heat - your sweat evaporates better.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              It's ok if it's a dry heat - your sweat evaporates better.
              Plenty of liquid intake required then. I can see how that could be attractive

Comment

Working...
              X