• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Am I missing something?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I missing something?

<rant>
    In days of yore "The Secret Policeman's' Ball" was a comedy show (granted, a serious underlying message), but you could be fairly confident of a good laugh from the comedy heavyweights headlining.

Last nights was the most unfunny, untalented and on occasions, embarrassing, display of mediocrity ever to appear under that illustrious banner. Quite what the f*** that guy from the Catherine Tate show and his fat mate were doing just running around shouting, I just don't know. Alan Carr and the Iranian woman, Shappi somebody, really need to understand that being either gay or foreign isn't enough to get laughs any more, this isn't the 1970s. Even the extremely talented Mitchell and Webb just resorted to the tired old "we've got skulls on our SS hats does that mean we're the baddies" sketch.

I kept hoping it would get better. It didn't.
    </rant>
    The vegetarian option.

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    <rant>
    In days of yore "The Secret Policeman's' Ball" was a comedy show (granted, a serious underlying message), but you could be fairly confident of a good laugh from the comedy heavyweights headlining.

Last nights was the most unfunny, untalented and on occasions, embarrassing, display of mediocrity ever to appear under that illustrious banner. Quite what the f*** that guy from the Catherine Tate show and his fat mate were doing just running around shouting, I just don't know. Alan Carr and the Iranian woman, Shappi somebody, really need to understand that being either gay or foreign isn't enough to get laughs any more, this isn't the 1970s. Even the extremely talented Mitchell and Webb just resorted to the tired old "we've got skulls on our SS hats does that mean we're the baddies" sketch.

I kept hoping it would get better. It didn't.
    </rant>
    I only watched a few minutes and Frank Skinner told a gag were he forgot to tell you the punchline

Comment

What are you blathering on about you strange little man.

Comment

I started watching as Mitchell & Webb came on and turned over when Eddie Izzard came on after the Iranian woman and started being serious.

3/10.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Agreed. It was utter pap.

I stopped Sky+ing it half-way through as it was clear that I would not want to sit through it again.

Shame, cos those things can be hilarious.
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Is this the one that included Alan Carr (who was also not very funny) who was slagging off 3G last night. I was surprised he could get away with saying they are so carp. Or maybe I misheard.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Is this the one that included Alan Carr (who was also not very funny) who was slagging off 3G last night. I was surprised he could get away with saying they are so carp. Or maybe I misheard.
              Good morning Vietnam. That's part of his stock material, I've heard it before.

Comment

Working...
              X