• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oops - sticky keyboard, help?!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops - sticky keyboard, help?!

I should probs have posted this in Technical, but this is life or death frankly. Well, almost. I am extremely clumsy and managed to spill juice on my laptop keyboard yesterday. Having had to log off briefly, I am now unable to log back on, as the DEL key is not working! Any ideas?!
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I should probs have posted this in Technical, but this is life or death frankly. Well, almost. I am extremely clumsy and managed to spill juice on my laptop keyboard yesterday. Having had to log off briefly, I am now unable to log back on, as the DEL key is not working! Any ideas?!
    Jizz.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Plug in an external keyboard?
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

http://www.dell.co.uk
        "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Swap keyboards with the person next to you.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
            Swap keyboards with the person next to you.

HTH
            Bit difficult on a laptop
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

OK in this situation (life or death) you need to take the following steps:

1. Pick up the computer
              2. Throw it out of the window
              3. Get your coat
              4. Walk out of the office
              5. Go to the pub
              6. Order 10 pints
              7. Drink
              8. errrm
              9. Thats it
              10. .
              Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                Bit difficult on a laptop
                Ah, I think I need some new .

Comment

Juice contains sugar. You need to buy a new laptop, a usb keyboard and a usb external drive. Use the drive and usb keyboard with your current laptop to get important data to new laptop. Only use external keyboard, from now on, with your new laptop. Make sure external keyboard is at least spill resistant.

You could try buying a new laptop of the same make, and doing a restore onto it. It might work.

You could pay for a new keyboard to be fitted.

Back in the early 90s the network team said that a diet coke over a keyboard would kill the keyboard 50% of the time. They used to hang the keyboards out to dry for a week, and then test them. If if was normal coke, the keyboard was dead, and they didn't bother trying to resurrect them.
                  Last edited by NotAllThere; 10 October 2008, 14:10.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

It definitely was juice, unless the shop has been doing me over and selling me something other than ice tea in that bottle...

Am going to try plugging another keyboard in!
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                    X