• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alternative to Norla Consulting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternative to Norla Consulting

Hi there,

I am currently using Norla's EBT scheme at the moment (85% return), however due to my profession as not being entirely in IT; their insurer has rejected me.

Just wondering has anyone else in the forum come across another organisation that is registered within the Uk that roughly returns the same rate?

Many thanks in advance

Phil

OT, Who is their insurer, and what did they insure?

Comment

Originally posted by philinlondon View Post
      Hi there,

I am currently using Norla's EBT scheme at the moment (85% return), however due to my profession as not being entirely in IT; their insurer has rejected me.

Just wondering has anyone else in the forum come across another organisation that is registered within the Uk that roughly returns the same rate?

Many thanks in advance

Phil
      A lot of people will tell you to get out of the EBT scheme sooner rather than later.... and I will agree with them.

2 trails of thought come to mind regarding your post.

1. Why can't the insurer just insure you for the IT work.

2. Can you not get insurance yourself that is not provided by Norla?
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Insurance

Just a thought, but maybe you could consider running your own business and look for an insurer who will insure your business for what you need ?

Comment

What other areas are you working in other than IT?

Comment

Originally posted by philinlondon View Post
            Hi there,

I am currently using Norla's EBT scheme at the moment (85% return),
            Call HMRC, they are interested in people using tax evasion schemes.

Comment

Good experience

Hi Phil,

I use Independent Contractor Services and I find them to be excellent - small enough to care but big enough to know their stuff. Their rates are on a par too. Hope that helps.

PC

Comment

Originally posted by ProfContractor View Post
                Hi Phil,

I use Independent Contractor Services and I find them to be excellent - small enough to care but big enough to know their stuff. Their rates are on a par too. Hope that helps.

PC
                From ICS website:

Our Salary Package Service is for you if you are outside IR35 and earn more than £35 per hour or £250 per day.

A Salary Package simply means we divide your total income into its taxable and non-taxable parts, with the aim of reducing the overall level of tax you pay. The result is you can expect to receive up to 82% of your contract value in your take home pay.
                Surely, anybody can see that if you ear £250 per day and pay 18% something is way wrong. What part of the income is non-taxable?

Comment

>Surely, anybody can see that if you ear £250 per day and pay 18% something is way wrong.

In what way?

>What part of the income is non-taxable?

pension? expenses?

QB.

Comment

Their website mentions...

'Tax efficient bonus scheme'

Does this mean it uses some form of Offshore element? EBT maybe?

Comment

Working...
                    X