• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hague - right leader wrong time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hague - right leader wrong time

Another cracking performance at PMQs today.

He was a good bloke, but the Tories were on suicide watch back then, and were a gnat's away from utter collapse and constantly looking for a quick fix leader (like Maggie)... not his fault.

Comment

Hague - right leader wrong haircut
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

He has also done a proper job in his life, which is more than can be said of many in the HMG cabinet. He is a huge asset to the Tory shadow cabinet and has a huge part to play if the Tories can win the next election, which I doubt.

Comment

I still thing he might be leader again one day......

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
            Another cracking performance at PMQs today.
            Was that the same PMQ's that happened in the real world?

He was dull, dull, dull. He has done a LOT better.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I'm sure somebody on this board used to work with him and reckoned he was a top draw chunte?
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I'm sorry, I could never have taken anyone seriously who claimed he used to drink 14 pints a day. Not cause that's bad (Which it probably is for a leader of the country) but because he was so clearly lying and ended up looking like a right fanny.

Dunno, nice guy on the front bench but something lacking as a leader I always though ...
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                  I'm sorry, I could never have taken anyone seriously who claimed he used to drink 14 pints a day. Not cause that's bad (Which it probably is for a leader of the country) but because he was so clearly lying and ended up looking like a right fanny.

Dunno, nice guy on the front bench but something lacking as a leader I always though ...
                  Didn't he also used to wear his baseball cap the wrong way round?

Comment

His speech as a 4 year old at the party conference makes me want to vomit whenever I see it. "No, you are old pfff, you can sit there and be complacent pfff"
                    Last edited by Bagpuss; 15 October 2008, 12:42.
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X