• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agents and old CVs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agents and old CVs

Why do agents retain old versions of a candidate's CV, despite having up to date versions? And do they use old versions to check newer versions (I want to change some old job titles and wonder if an agent will raise questions)?

Thanks
    Pints for the gentlemen, white wine or fruit-based drink for the ladies. Them's the rules!

Changing job titles

Think you would be ok to change the titles as long as the agent doesn't know of you details and where you have worked already - we have candidates applying for jobs and changing titles of places that we placed them into!!

Comment

Originally posted by Reccon
      Think you would be ok to change the titles as long as the agent doesn't know of you details and where you have worked already - we have candidates applying for jobs and changing titles of places that we placed them into!!
      This answer doesn't make a scrap of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
        This answer doesn't make a scrap of sense.
        I agree.

Dodgy, do you mean 'all right' as in:

"won't get found out"

or as in

"yes, that's a perfectly acceptable thing to do"

tim

Comment

I wasn't thinking of making any outrageous claims such as putting CEO instead of office junior. I wanted to chage some early contracts from 'project support' to 'project consultant', and 'DB developer' to 'IT Consultant'.
          Pints for the gentlemen, white wine or fruit-based drink for the ladies. Them's the rules!

Comment

When you get those annoying emails (your name has come up in a databse search!) just email them back and get them to remove your details in accordance with the Data Protection Act. They then have 28 days to remove it (I think). If they do it again, report them to the data commissioners office.

They're all a bunch of feckwits anyway...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Guv, I think the answer's in your question. Agents keep old CVs so they can tell when you've been overimaginitive with your later ones. But it's more likely to be because of general disorganisation on their part.

Comment

I find that most agencies only refer to their CV database if they are really stuck and they've not had any response to the advertised post.
                Even then, they'll request that you send them an up to date CV, despite the fact that yours may have been sent to them only last week for another position.
                Thick useless timewasting c*nts !!

Comment

I had the same problem up until recently. I have found that agents that are using the Iprofile system (seems to be most of the big ones)genreally tend to automatically have my updated cv on their databse. Not too sure how it works, but it seems to.

Comment

Working...
                  X