• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Overseas visas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overseas visas

I am a British citizen currently contracting in the UK. My wife is considering taking a years course outside of the EU - possible NZ, US or Canada. Whilst she is on the course, I would take a contract in whatever country she does the course.

1) How do I go about getting a visa for that country? I am assuming it will vary from place to place but does anyone know if there is a specific visa catageory I should ask abut?

2) How can I tie this in, if at all, with my Ltd Co here in the UK?

Look forward to the replies!!

It varies wildly from country to country. Your first step would be to contact the immigration authorities for your chosen country.

For example:

Living and Working in New Zealand

Living and Working in Canada

Comment

Working...
    X