• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35, no pension no this and that am I out?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35, no pension no this and that am I out?

IR35… is there any arguments that put you outside of IR35 from the start.

Like as an agent you’re not entitled to the company’s pension scheme, the company has a scheme where you can book courses i.e. a language college class, windsurfing lesson etc and they pay but as an agent your omitted, your Id card is clearly defined as agent and perms are defined clearly as staff.

The work is on yearly contracts 9-5 through an intermediary, I don’t have a set number of holiday days and can book time of as and when I want.

Do you think I should seek further advice? thanks

yes

Search for contract reviews.

Comment

The fact that you have no employee benefits will not automatically put you outside of IR35. Commissioners in a couple of IR35 cases have stated that increased rates compensate for lack of employee benefits and job security and therefore does not count in determining your status.
      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

... its all ambiguous, my rates are not increased from that of regular employees either, in fact at the moment they are below and I'm fighting to get this changed or I'm off,

bit unfair that you could be deemed as an employee by the law and HR but yet the client has no responsibility to take you on as such, thus does not have to supply all the emplyeee benefits

I think I will get sjd to check it.

Comment

Working...
        X