• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting & Angencies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting & Angencies

How do poeple get agencies to understand that you are a legit business and have a contract which you wish to present for your services and do not wish to use their micky mouse contract?
    Pleomax

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!

Originally posted by pleomax View Post
    How do poeple get agencies to understand that you are a legit business and have a contract which you wish to present for your services and do not wish to use their micky mouse contract?
    Your contract is with the agency (or angency if you will) and it's up to you to negotiate it to look however you want it to. Do you mena you have a pre-drawn up contract, the format and wording of which you like and wish to use all the time? Have you ever kissed a girl? Life is too short to quibble over such things when there's money to be made. As long as their contract does what you want, then why bother with the persentation of your own?
    Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Yes i have kissed a girl it was very nice too!

I was thinking down the outside IR35 route as the agency (no typo this time) contracts are not very friendly!
      Pleomax

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!

Comment

Agencies (not Angencies)

Mickey

HTH
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

You missed one FaQQer.

[Sarcasm] Pleomax one way to gain credibility is to spell check [/Sarcasm]

Comment

Thank you for the advice. I will make sure that I do not insult you again with my spelling.
            Pleomax

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
              You missed one FaQQer.

[Sarcasm] Pleomax one way to gain credibility is to spell check [/Sarcasm]
              D'oh!

I'm still ill, obviously.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I was thinking down the outside IR35 route as the agency (no typo this time) contracts are not very friendly!
                Most agencies are quite willing to word a contract outside IR35 as long as the end client hasn't tied them down to certain clauses.
                Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

You use agencies that know about IR35?

You are in a wonderful place!
                  Pleomax

Comment

Working...
                  X