• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Investigating limited after dissolved

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Investigating limited after dissolved

Hi,

Just wanted to ask a question regarding what powers hector has to investigate a ltd after it has been dissolved. My accountant tells me that the revenue have 12 months from the date the last return is filed (and use to be when it was due to be filled).

So for example:
    - company "x" begins trading on 1st Jan 07
    - trades for one year only
    - Files a return on 1st Jan 08
    - Requests for company to be struck off 1st Jan 08

Assuming hector agrees to strike off company is it right to say that from 1st Jan 09 the company can no longer be looked at in any way shape or form? The 6 or 7 year thing does not apply?

Thanks.
    Tex

Bump. I was hoping this little theory would be a good work around to limit my liability over time.

Tex

Comment

Closing a Ltd co makes it highly unlikely it will be investigated later as you need IR permission to close a Ltd co. They take a quick look to ensure things are in order. They will only re-open a liquidated co if they later uncover serious fraudulant goings on. Your own personal tax liability is a separate issue

Comment

Working...
      X