• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are short term contracts a liability?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are short term contracts a liability?

My inclination – when the economy allows of course – is to take shorter contracts of 3 to 6 months. The problem I foresee is that my CV will become full of lots of short term contracts.

Is this likely to put off prospective clients? I can see that some will be thinking “What’s wrong with this person that clients let him go after 3 months?” when in actual fact it is my choice to take these shorter contracts.

Is there anyone else out there who only wants the shorter contracts, or do 12-month plus contracts appeal more? If you do prefer the shorter ones, do you find it harder to get contracts because of an assumption that you are somehow faulty because of the volume of clients that you go through?
    When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice - Ayn Rand, Atlas.

Working...
X