• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This BNP list is worrying

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This BNP list is worrying

I'm not a BNP member or BNP voter, but the backlash against them is self-defeating.

Who are we to tell people what they can and cannot think? That will only add resentment and 'light the fires', as they say.

What about finding out why increasing numbers of people think like that?

There was a letter in the times today saying that if you cannot ban the BNP then you cannot stop people joining with the threat of losing their jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      I'm not a BNP member or BNP voter, but the backlash against them is self-defeating.

Who are we to tell people what they can and cannot think? That will only add resentment and 'light the fires', as they say.

No we should string up everyone that doesnt think exactly like I do.

Xenophon

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
        No we should string up everyone that doesnt think exactly like I do.

Xenophon
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

i fink tis a reslt of a por edjukasin innit?

Comment

We are the better people to tell them that there racist views are not welcome. Dont be shy in being better than these scum.

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
              We are the better people to tell them that there racist views are not welcome. Dont be shy in being better than these scum.

Comment

i fink tis a reslt of a por edjukasin innit?
                I think you'll find that the list represents all sections of the uk social demographic.

If everything in the UK was hunky-dory, there'd be no voice for the BNP and no one would join 'em. I would much prefer it that way myself.

BBC Website Article on 1 in 4 people consider voting BNP

In the 2005 national elections, the BNP's share of the total vote was 0.74%.

Not a lot on its own, but that represents 192,850 votes.

To put that in to context, in the 2001 elections, they only garnered 47,129 votes.

So :

2001 : 47,129
                2005 : 192,850
                2009 : 350,000 ?

Something is attracting these members, and you cannot put it down to lack of intelligence in all cases.

Good point. Sometimes the truth is not very palatable...
                Last edited by Board Game Geek; 21 November 2008, 16:33.
                Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

I'm not sure that sacking someone because they are a member of a political party is legal. It may be a breach of the Human Rights Act. It needs a test case to clarify.

I'm not a BNP member, nor do I vote for them, but given their rise in popularity in certain parts of the country, I think the question is why is the BNP so popular in these areas?

What has happened in these areas, that a lot of the people who live there feel the need to support the BNP?

The BNP's supporters are not simply going to go away because they are being vilified - if anything that will simply make them even more entrenched in their views. So why do they hold the views they do?

Answering that question will then allow us to find a way of fixing things so they no longer feel they need to hold the views they do. Then there will be no need for a party like the BNP.
                  When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice - Ayn Rand, Atlas.

Comment

Good, we've got past the knee-jerk reactions to my question quicker than I thought.

Comment

Working...
                    X