• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract reviews on a tight schedule

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract reviews on a tight schedule

Employment agencies usually want a contractor to start a contract within days of making an offer. How can one find time to get a lawyer to review the contract the agency offers you (and then to negotiate any changes) when the schedule is so tight?

Bauer & Cottrell normally do very fast turnarounds for me - no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by LNHM View Post
      Employment agencies usually want a contractor to start a contract within days of making an offer. How can one find time to get a lawyer to review the contract the agency offers you (and then to negotiate any changes) when the schedule is so tight?
      Make them wait. Never start becuase they want you to with a contract your not happy with. Will cost you £££ in the long run.

Wait to get it revewed.

Comment

Originally posted by dmini View Post
        Bauer & Cottrell normally do very fast turnarounds for me - no issues.
        ditto.

Comment

I never bother with a contract review. As long as you know what to put in there and how to structure your working practices, you'll be right...
          Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
            I never bother with a contract review. As long as you know what to put in there and how to structure your working practices, you'll be right...
            I'd agree with this if the review is purely from an IR35 perspective but there may be other issues around the contract that need to be looked at and the OP didn't make that clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Just1morethen View Post
              I'd agree with this if the review is purely from an IR35 perspective but there may be other issues around the contract that need to be looked at and the OP didn't make that clear.
              It was "other issues" I was thinking about.

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                If you are thinking of taking out IR35 insurance you might need an "official" review to be covered. Just a point.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by LNHM View Post
                  It was "other issues" I was thinking about.
                  Then B&C are probably not the answer. From what I can see, they are coming at it from a purely IR35 angle. Can you not ask your solicitor?

Comment

Originally posted by Willm
                    Lawspeed offer a fast and cost effective contract review service. Turnaround is a maximum of 3 working days.

If it is IR35 that you are worried about, their status review service is also more detailed than many accountant's offerings as it takes into account your actual working practices and not just the contract terms.
                    See:
                    http://www.lawspeed.com/providers/se...w_options.aspx

Furthermore, Lawspeed are now offering an IR35 advisory service. Clients of which are guaranteed to operate outside of IR35.

Contact William Morris on 01273 236236 or [email protected] for further details.

Read the thread before posting up Will. Its not IR35 issues he's concerned with.

Comment

Working...
                    X