• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Black Hole Confirmed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Hole Confirmed!

Thats where the contractor market went!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7774287.stm
    Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Oh I thought it was the client budget when they signed up EDS...

Comment

But we have known this for some time.

Certainly Hari was always going on about how we should go and see it next year - hang on Im feeling just a wee bit dizzy ....
      Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 10 December 2008, 14:38.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
        To be fair, for some time it was considered that it may be CSC.

Comment

Well, yes, it was predicted (by some British chaps I believe) and theoretically almost beyond doubt , but now it's been proven (by ze Germans ).
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

It was the European Space Agency Integral mission that was amongst the first to postulate this theory during its research into Gamma Rays - they realised that the centre of our Galaxy was a source for Gamma Rays and then postulated that as Black Holes generate massive amounts of gamma rays - therefore a black hole was at the hub of our Galaxy.
            Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 10 December 2008, 15:02.

Comment

It was the European Space Agency Integral mission that was amongst the first to postulate this theory during its research into Gamma Rays - they realised that the centre of our Galaxy was a source for Gamma Rays and then postualted that as Black Holes generate massive amounts of gamma rays - therefore a black hole was at the hub of our Galaxy.
              Ah, so actually it's ze Germans claiming to be cleverer zan ze rest of us!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Ah, so actually it's ze Germans claiming to be cleverer zan ze rest of us!

Jings Ya !!

And another thin.... sorry feeling dizzy again- hell I can hear that bitch Haris voice - no chaps dont let her tkae me back to Solaris !!!

Its not fair !!!! Gít me a lawyer/policeman/priest - no ahm no goin' back ..

Comment

Isn’t this a bit of a non story? It’s a bit like saying ‘The sun has been confirmed as hot’ or ‘The earth is flat… now it’s official’.

Except they’re still only guessing really, a black hole is still just theoretical but nothing else fits the equation so it must be correct.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    Isn’t this a bit of a non story? It’s a bit like saying ‘The sun has been confirmed as hot’ or ‘The earth is flat… now it’s official’.

Except they’re still only guessing really, a black hole is still just theoretical but nothing else fits the equation so it must be correct.
                    Reading it to the end it looks like you're right and my original hypothesis zat ze Germans are acting clever seems to hold water.

They'll be claiming it as lebensraum next.

Comment

Working...
                    X