• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone else

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else

watching Top Gear??

Hilarious
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    watching Top Gear??

Hilarious
    Watched it last night - kids are just watching it now.

Seen the Fiesta "review" yet?
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
      Watched it last night - kids are just watching it now.

Seen the Fiesta "review" yet?
      Yes, just been on now... those commandos were brilliant

Boris was funny too!!
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I saw it on Sunday. This series has been very up and down - roughly alternating. I expect next week will be carp.

Comment

Would be a good show if that ***** Clarkson wasn't hosting it. As for that 'star in a car' bullcrap, can see why they put that bit in the middle, else no-one would be watching.

Comment

All very samey to me. No longer make an effort to watch it, though I do still watch it in the hope they'll somehow someday freshen it up.

Several things should have been killed off ages ago:

Star in a crap car
            Coolwall
            Pointless 'races'
            Pretending to build something A Team style.

I suppose that leaves just the audience full of fit birds. They always line up a few tasty ones right behind the presenters.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Hammond was way off the mark with the Caterham R500 v Veritas RS3, he picked the right car in the end but to suggest the Caterham wasn't cool as it was driven by geeks yet at the same time say the Veritas was uber cool is beyond me??

I'd rather be seen in a purposeful classic sports car design than something that looks like the batmobile FFS!!

If I wasn't married with a kid I'd have a Caterham in a flash but I don't think they're ready to be widowed/fatherless just yet, maybe when I'm tired of life.
              Last edited by gingerjedi; 10 December 2008, 23:28.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                Hammond was way of the mark with the Caterham R500 v Veritas RS3, he picked the right car in the end but to suggest the Caterham wasn't cool as it was driven by geeks yet at the same time say the Veritas was uber cool is beyond me??

I'd rather be seen in a purposeful classic sports car design than something that looks like the batmobile FFS!!
                I thought the exact same thing, i am admittedly a geek but veritas is pretty far from a cool looking car.

Comment

The Caterham R500 was quicker around their track than a Veyron, not bad for a low tech car with a Ford Focus engine that can be had for relative peanuts.

I think VW wasted their money.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    The Caterham R500 was quicker around their track than a Veyron, not bad for a low tech car with a Ford Focus engine that can be had for relative peanuts.

I think VW wasted their money.
                    The Caterham may be quicker round the track but it won't do 250+ MPH and certainly isn't as comfortable in the rain.

Comment

Working...
                    X