• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MP criticised for 999 boiler call

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MP criticised for 999 boiler call

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7781379.stm

How did she ever become an MP?

Some Tory bureaucrat criticised her; however:
    A London Fire Brigade spokeswoman said: "If it's obvious that there has been an ongoing problem with the boiler, then you can call a plumber.

"But if your boiler suddenly starts making strange noises in the middle of the night, call the fire brigade."

Sounds like the Tory is abusing his position to create a political storm in a teacup. Perhaps the "Conservative chairman of London's fire authority" should have asked the Fire Brigade what they thought before opening his big mouth.

Comment

I telephoned my husband who is working in IT Support. He asked if I had tried turning the boiler off and back on again.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        I telephoned my husband who is working in IT Support. He asked if I had tried turning the boiler off and back on again.
        An IT worker married an MP? Surely they can do better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          How did she ever become an MP?
          More people in her constituency voted for her than any other candidate. It's how democracy works, BP.

Since the fire brigade themselves say that she should have called them, I have less time for the idiot "Conservative chairman of London's fire authority" who has opened his mouth without actually understanding the situation or the expert advice, trying to stir up some degree of political storm. He seems far dizzier than her.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

This just is further evidence as to how thick these people in HMG are. How long will it be before GB calls in the army to defend the pound !!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              More people in her constituency voted for her than any other candidate. It's how democracy works, BP.

Since the fire brigade themselves say that she should have called them, I have less time for the idiot "Conservative chairman of London's fire authority" who has opened his mouth without actually understanding the situation or the expert advice, trying to stir up some degree of political storm. He seems far dizzier than her.
              To me proves that people in her constituency are far too stupid and should not be allowed to vote. I bet the sales of the daily mail are high in her area.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                To me proves that people in her constituency are far too stupid and should not be allowed to vote. I bet the sales of the daily mail are high in her area.
                Mail readers don't vote Lib Dem, do they??

I'm not sure who I would think to ring if I thought my gas boiler was about to explode. I'm pretty sure that 999 would figure in my thought process above trying to find the number of a plumber to ring.

Of course, if there was something really wrong with it, then the operator should have told her to ring a plumber and not informed the fire brigade. The fact that the fire brigade turned up and solved the problem rather than looking and again telling her to call a plumber shows that she did the right thing.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                  This just is further evidence as to how thick these people in HMG are. How long will it be before GB calls in the army to defend the pound !!
                  Not as daft as you think. Govenments often have a war to boost the ecconmy

Not as daft as you think. Governments often have a war to boost the economy. How many billions have been pillaged from Iraq?
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    Unless your name is Barak "Light Worker" Obama, in which case you get your competitors struck off so your name is the only one on the ballot.

Yep, democracy at work!

Mailman

Comment

Working...
                    X