• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

itunes Music Library

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

itunes Music Library

Hi,

Made a mess of importing my itunes library.xml, now have no playlists, counts etc.

Stupidly did not create a copy of the xml file.

Does anyone know of a way to restore playlists/ restoring the previous version of the xml file?

If i knew the answer to that one, i'd probably also know why my iTunes suddenly decided to create 2-4 copies of every song i own within my 'Tunes' folder.

I was recently in the same boat as you though - rebuilt PC and realised library was missing from backup. I just gave up and rebuilt my stuff by hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
      If i knew the answer to that one, i'd probably also know why my iTunes suddenly decided to create 2-4 copies of every song i own within my 'Tunes' folder.
      I hate iTunes, it tries to be too clever and ends up buggering everything up, I would like to add an album and have it left in its entirety where I put it, I don't want it to mysteriously hide a track somewhere where I can't find it just because it had an artist 'featuring' on it.

I've tried all the tricks suggested on various forums but it still does odd things when I least expect it, I must have a dozen albums on my iPod where track one is missing for no apparent reason?

Is there a third party alternative that just does what I ask it?

PC phone software is the same, I find it far easier to browse the memory in explorer than try and jump through all the hoops Nokia tries to throw in my way.

Double rant over...

Sorry I can't help with your question.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Thanks -

Could have been worse I could have lost my tunes rather than just playlists and counts...

Was my own fault did not read the guide to rebuilding properly.

Despite my problems with itunes I am considering buying a macbook next time I am feeling flush.

It amuses me that because I work in IT people assume I am any good with computers when the reality is I am just as likely if not more likely to f*&^ up my own laptop never mind fix one for someone else.

Comment

Working...
        X