• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Acceptable Turn Around For EOY Accounts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acceptable Turn Around For EOY Accounts

... will give them till tomorrow
    Last edited by Bumfluff; 22 December 2008, 12:09.

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
    ... will give them till tomorrow
    When was your EOY? Corporation tax due 8 months after year end.

Comment

Yeah, but a few issues this year stopped me getting round to getting the paper work together until a month and a half ago, I need to make payment very soon and there were so many errors on last years accounts it worries me.

Comment

Yeah, but a few issues this year stopped me getting round to getting the paper work together until a month and a half ago, I need to make payment very soon and there were so many errors on last years accounts it worries me.
        Have you been in touch with your accountant? When do they say they will be ready?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Have you been in touch with your accountant? When do they say they will be ready?
          Well they werent ready in the turn around time of 5 weeks quoted.

Comment

Well they werent ready in the turn around time of 5 weeks quoted.
            Personally I would give them a quick phone call/email and politely remind them they exceeded the quote and ask how long.

Remind them of the 8 month date.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Personally I would give them a quick phone call/email and politely remind them they exceeded the quote and ask how long.

Remind them of the 8 month date.
              I thought it was 9 months after EOY that the CT had to be submitted by.
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

You hsould have a guaranteed turnaround. We're 20 working days after complete submission of all paperwork although it normally works out nearer 10.

There's not much we can do if you're late submitting the paperwork though.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
                  I thought it was 9 months after EOY that the CT had to be submitted by.
                  You have to pay a month before you submit the accounts, so you actually need you accounts amonth before the date they are due so you know what your paying.

Comment

You have to pay a month before you submit the accounts, so you actually need you accounts amonth before the date they are due so you know what your paying.
                    Not correct.
                    • You pay CT 9 months after your year end
                    • You file to Companies House 10 months after year end
                    • You file to HMRC 12 months after year end.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X