• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Off Roading / 4x4

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off Roading / 4x4

anyone do this? how did you get in to it?
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

How about this?

http://www.intotheblue.co.uk/driving.../off-road/4x4/

Comment

We used to buy old Land / Range Rovers, Austin Scamps, etc. and then drive them along public bridleways. The best one we ever found went straight through a golf course and they couldn't do a thing about it. Hilarious watching the golfers with beetroot red faces watching us chew up their sacred turf
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Used to car rally with the local motor club up to national level. The problem with the UK is that we have the least common land to use and few unmade roads. We used to call the white road as per the OS maps. Even some of the road that I used to practice are closed off. The only suitable 4x4 for off road in the UK are the small lightweight ones such as the Vitara. There are too many ******* who use their oversized 4x4 just to churn up the road and get muddy. There is no skill involved in that.

The best off road events are in Russia and their team regularly wins a class in the Paris Daker rally.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UCQEdq1QJX0

I also watched the Russian 4x4 championships on RTR Planete TV, it was really great.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6bXQ-K...ext=1&index=21
        Last edited by Paddy; 3 January 2009, 10:43.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          We used to buy old Land / Range Rovers, Austin Scamps, etc. and then drive them along public bridleways. The best one we ever found went straight through a golf course and they couldn't do a thing about it. Hilarious watching the golfers with beetroot red faces watching us chew up their sacred turf
          You can NOT drive on bridleways, you can ride a horse or a bicycle,
          but not a motorised vehicle.

http://www.countryside.gov.uk/LAR/Ac...ow_general.asp

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerPalmer View Post
            You can NOT drive on bridleways, you can ride a horse or a bicycle,
            but not a motorised vehicle.

http://www.countryside.gov.uk/LAR/Ac...ow_general.asp
            Agreed.

Sick of 'off road' vehicles churning up footpaths and bridleways in my manor.

If you want to enjoy the countryside, then park, and get out and walk (with boots on) you idiots.

In a more libertarian environment, I could happily shotgun towny morons in their shiny 4x4s who think it's their God-given right to churn up ancient pathways in their God-given right of 'recreation'.

Bastards!

Going to buy an old WWII tank with my neighbour and blast the 4x4 cretins out of it on a Sunday morning.

Now GET ORF MY LAND!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              There are too many ******* who use their oversized 4x4 just to churn up the road and get muddy. There is no skill involved in that.
              Why everybody who buys a 4x4 need to be a professional off-road driver?

In my area there are a lot of rural and mountain roads where a 4x4 would be quite handy. That is without the need to do professional off-road, just to have a bit more safety and enjoy nature where possible. Plus there are quite a lot of hybrid models nowadays that do not force you to spend a fortune on petrol and handle the road as well as a normal car. Most of them are also as polluting as medium-sized cars so all this hate from some posters is a little unfair in my view.
              I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post

In a more libertarian environment, I could happily shotgun towny morons in their shiny 4x4s who think it's their God-given right to churn up ancient pathways in their God-given right of 'recreation'.

Bastards!

Going to buy an old WWII tank with my neighbour and blast the 4x4 cretins out of it on a Sunday morning.

Now GET ORF MY LAND!
                This was over 25 years ago and we lived in the country. This was done to piss off the ******* who came and bought all the properties in the area making it difficult for us. Golf courses are the death of the countryside but the making of chav culture
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  This was over 25 years ago and we lived in the country. This was done to piss off the ******* who came and bought all the properties in the area making it difficult for us. Golf courses are the death of the countryside but the making of chav culture
                  but there are excellent for nights out bunny bashing

I have 2 4x4s and use them driving around farmland, as well as commuting etc

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerPalmer View Post
                    but there are excellent for nights out bunny bashing

I have 2 4x4s and use them driving around farmland, as well as commuting etc
                    You sick bastard

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X