• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prince 2 renewal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prince 2 renewal

Happy New year everyone!! Hope they have all started well (not like OS). After a little while on the bench things are looking hopeful here!!

Quick question: has anyone renewed the Prince 2 accreditation? I took my exams in 2004 and so this year the 5 years is up and I will have to renew. I will contact the training co I used and also OGC but I wondered if anyone had first had experience of doing this.

TIA.

Mustang, Hi. please excuse the tardiness of my reply.

What did you do to renew your PRINCE2 accreditation? Mine is up next year, just planning ahead!
    "take me to your leader"

Comment

How lame, sorry, did not use the search - I see this is discussed elsewhere and more recently too. Mods please delete.
      "take me to your leader"

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder View Post
        Mustang, Hi. please excuse the tardiness of my reply.

What did you do to renew your PRINCE2 accreditation? Mine is up next year, just planning ahead!
        Project Management qualifications and you haven't got a clue on how to renew them?

Classic

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Project Management qualifications and you haven't got a clue on how to renew them?

Classic
          That's because you can't get someone else to do it and ensure it becomes a 'task on the plan' and someone elses responsibility
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I believe you have to sit another combined foundation / practitioner exam / fork out more spondoolas..

I don't think I'll be doing this. Theres no need to 'renew' degrees / GCSE woodwork, so why a soft mulitple choice certificate ?

Comment

Err yeah my brain wasn't preloaded at birth with all the information I would need. Some luck eh!
              "take me to your leader"

Comment

Err yeah my brain wasn't preloaded at birth with all the information I would need. Some luck eh!
                Surely your not suggesting that you were born yesterday?
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Having a chuckle about all the witty remarks. Keep it up guys, I forgot how entertaining it can be on this forum!

I was one of the last few thousand to take the essay-based Practitioner exam back in 2007. I must admit, when I went into it I thought it would give me an edge, but when I saw the numbers of people certified at the same time as me, it was clear we couldn't all have an advantage.

I'm pretty sure I will let it lapse now. I haven't used it in 4 years; in fact I haven't done Project Management for 3 years. Currently working in application support (ITIL process), Oracle 10g, plus a sideline in statistical data analysis using Excel. Also pitched a quote for a website that might be worth something, with some more websites potentially in the pipeline. Since being on the bench a couple of years ago I'm trying to keep my work stream diversified.

The only reason to consider PRINCE2 renewal is that the renewal exam is shorter than taking the whole thing from scratch. Even then I don't think its worth the effort and time, unless I go on the bench.
                  "take me to your leader"

Comment

Having a chuckle about all the witty remarks. Keep it up guys, I forgot how entertaining it can be on this forum!

I was one of the last few thousand to take the essay-based Practitioner exam back in 2007. I must admit, when I went into it I thought it would give me an edge, but when I saw the numbers of people certified at the same time as me, it was clear we couldn't all have an advantage.

I'm pretty sure I will let it lapse now. I haven't used it in 4 years; in fact I haven't done Project Management for 3 years. Currently working in application support (ITIL process), Oracle 10g, plus a sideline in statistical data analysis using Excel. Also pitched a quote for a website that might be worth something, with some more websites potentially in the pipeline. Since being on the bench a couple of years ago I'm trying to keep my work stream diversified.

The only reason to consider PRINCE2 renewal is that the renewal exam is shorter than taking the whole thing from scratch. Even then I don't think its worth the effort and time, unless I go on the bench.
                    I'm doing my PRINCE2 certification now. I have no illusions that it will make be a better PM, but it will get me past some agent tick boxes.

Comment

Working...
                    X