• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iProfiles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iProfiles

Has anybody got an opinion on the 'iProfile' format link/style that some recruitment agencies have been using for the past few years. Has anybody got any work from a recruiter finding their iProfile as opposed to their ordinary cv ?

About 5 years ago I spent about 3 hours filling in the tedious skills tree structure and now and again revisited it. Just had another link from an agency who have started to insist on its use. Has it been any good for anybody or is it as ineffectual as I have found it?

iProfiles

I think they are a waste of time and only used by agents gon phishing. Never had any response to them. If an agent really has a contract they will give you direct contact details in my opinion.

I do object to their default "we can spam you and give your details to anyone we like" setting.

Comment

I signed up years ago and spent loads of time adding my profile. Nothing ever came through iProfiles for me..I have always found contracts via jobserve and other popular sites.

I also suspect that the majority of agencies who say "We are iProfile bla bla bla..." are the only party to benefit from the service.

Comment

Don't get me started on iprofile. I must have hundreds of them set up all over the place with different agencies, all full of inaccuracies. They insist on having a different one for each agency, and there was me thinking the whole point was that you had one profile accessile by all agencies who subscribe, in which case I would have put up with the hassle of ticking all the right boxes. I get regular emails from agencies proudly telling me I have a new iprofile on their site, and I ignore them. Life is just too short.

Comment

Working...
        X