• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

14-day change your mind rights?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14-day change your mind rights?

Usually when I order just about anything financial or telecom I get a 14-day change your mind cancellation period.

Can someone explain to me if this is across the board in particular when it comes to banking products as one bank has refused to allow me to change my mind regarding a 6-month deposit bond application

thanks

Not all products have a cooling off period.

Read the contract that came with it.

Banks won't be getting this wrong even if the staff in the Branch are useless ****s.

tim

Comment

If the order was made by telephone, they must give a 7 day cooling off period

Linky

Hope this helps
      Originally posted by cailin maith
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

If it's the 6-month deposit bond you were talking about getting in your other thread, it's a business purchase.

I think that cooling-off periods for financial products come from UK consumer protection legislation that doesn't apply to business customers.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
          If it's the 6-month deposit bond you were talking about getting in your other thread, it's a business purchase.

I think that cooling-off periods for financial products come from UK consumer protection legislation that doesn't apply to business customers.
          oh ok
          well I'm gonna try it on anyway and threaten to close my accounts with them once the bond comes to an end

does the cooling off thing also apply to certain digital tv subscription channels?

Comment

Working...
          X